I've read through the Syncing/FB threads, but I had a question. I am coming from a palm pre and there, it was able to sync all 300 fb friends of mine, including their phone # and email addresses. How can I do this with the BB Facebook app? I selected all 3 options within the FB app and only 1 contact shows up on my contact list... wtf???

I'm new to the blackberry world, I got it about 2 hours ago.
    04-14-10 07:33 PM
    The names in your contacts list needs to be the exact same as their facebook name..

Like john d in contacts will not sync with john dematto..
    04-14-10 07:36 PM
    I mean like, I don't have any contacts on my phone right now. With the palm pre it just automatically added all 300 friends to my contact list without any previous entries.
    04-14-10 07:38 PM
    You need your contacts on the phone. Then you need the facebook app. Then it will sync. It will not take all your fb friends and add them to your phone. It only checks your contacts in the phone and compares to the friends on fb thru the app...
    04-14-10 08:05 PM
    You need your contacts on the phone. Then you need the facebook app. Then it will sync. It will not take all your fb friends and add them to your phone. It only checks your contacts in the phone and compares to the friends on fb thru the app...
    bummer, thanks for the help.
    04-14-10 08:47 PM
    You can manually set your friends on FB to be linked to your BB contacts. Go to the friends icon in the FB app/select the friend you would like to attach/hit the menu button/then connect to BB contact.
    04-15-10 03:00 AM
    I think Facebook also needs more than just the name to do the sync (how many John Smiths are there?). I think it also tries to match e-mail address or phone number as part of the sync process.
    04-15-10 07:00 AM
    how does the palm pre know your facebook contacts' phone numbers? I guess it doesnt need to, it would add them without phone numbers I suppose. so, essentially you need to update each one with a phone number one-by-one anyway.

I think it would be annoying scrolling through hundreds of facebook contacts I dont really know or have any intention of knowing outside of facebook, just to find your aunt's phone number.

...which is exactly why I didnt sync my Google/gmail contacts.
    04-15-10 10:10 AM
    if the people on your facebook have their cell phone numbers stored in it and then u add them as a contact on your phone the blackberry will automatically update it with their pictures also
    04-15-10 01:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD