05-21-10 01:41 AM
40 12
tools
    Pi Guy, I did what you said exactly as above. The app is still there after phone reboot. I think what this crackmem does is to modify the OS binary in my PC (not my phone) and then modify the OS in my PC, and not do the changes to the phone OS.

It looks like after I do this, I need to reflash the phone again with the latest OS.
    05-19-10 01:49 PM
    Hmmm.. damn... I can't remember now, but if that didn't work I'm thinking you have to run the app loader....

Hmmm... I don't recall having to do that though.. maybe someone else can chime in...
    05-19-10 02:10 PM
    just use BBSAK. It takes out the vvm cods, no reloading of any OS needed, it just restarts the phone when it removes it and then for me my little voicemail icon came back (cuz i had ATT turn mine off but it didnt work), halelujah.
    05-19-10 02:11 PM
    Gameson, just thinking you might have misunderstood Pi Guy. Did you delete only Vendor.xml? You needed to delete that AND all cod's that say vvm in them. (There's a bunch!)

I haven't used CrackMem, but assuming that this part is the same as with BBSAK.

I removed all of these from the Java file before loading 656 on my device.

PS I would actually love VVM, but Telus doesn't offer it yet. I would love to be able to pick certain vm's to hear now and leave others for later.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-19-10 02:18 PM
    This is an AWESOME feature. Why would you not want it? It doesn't play your messages on speaker automatically. What are you talking about?
    05-19-10 02:20 PM
    Just manually remove the vvm .cod files from your java folder... it's not rocket science

05-19-10 02:36 PM
    Phil, after I do that, I guess I have to reflash my phone again? What I am afraid if I do manual deletion like you said is that the modules might be shared with other app/feature, so that's why I haven't done it yet.

I am very new to BB. Please bear with me.

Thanks.
    05-19-10 02:44 PM
    Just manually remove the vvm .cod files from your java folder... it's not rocket science
    After you remove them from the java into a new folder called removedfiles, you need to run the apploader correct, or no?
    05-19-10 02:46 PM
    Phil, after I do that, I guess I have to reflash my phone again?
    Yup... just plug into DM which will see vvm has gone, and will remove it from your device
    05-19-10 02:46 PM
    Just used BBSAK to remove VVM from my phone.

OP: Its easy peasy, First read system, then scroll way way down and find all of the cods with VVM in the name, CTRL Or Shift to select them all, hit remove CODs and your phone will reboot, when it comes back up it will be gone...
    05-19-10 03:30 PM
    Just used BBSAK to remove VVM from my phone.

OP: Its easy peasy, First read system, then scroll way way down and find all of the cods with VVM in the name, CTRL Or Shift to select them all, hit remove CODs and your phone will reboot, when it comes back up it will be gone...
    Just curious if you did a Read System again after the reboot.

I can remember a time trying to load the Boost Mobile 5.0 onto my wife's 8330 when she still had it.
    I wanted to delete the Dimension theme cods from her 8330. I had to remove each cod one by one with a reboot in between each. (Discussed at length in that threadóit wasn't just me!)

Anyway, wondering if you confirmed via BBSAK that all files were in fact removed.
    05-19-10 03:47 PM
    Just curious if you did a Read System again after the reboot.

I can remember a time trying to load the Boost Mobile 5.0 onto my wife's 8330 when she still had it.
    I wanted to delete the Dimension theme cods from her 8330. I had to remove each cod one by one with a reboot in between each. (Discussed at length in that thread—it wasn't just me!)

Anyway, wondering if you confirmed via BBSAK that all files were in fact removed.
    Actually, no I didn't, VVM isn't running after the reboot so that was good enough for me. I will however check now and see.

EDIT: NO they werent, Guess the select all and remove doesnt work. Gotta do em all one by one.
    05-19-10 03:59 PM
    That's what I thought. A reboot is required after each single cod is removed via BBSAK.

In this case, it will be much quicker and less annoying to follow Phill's advice above, given how many cods are associated with VVM.
    05-19-10 04:04 PM
    That's what I thought. A reboot is required after each single cod is removed via BBSAK.

In this case, it will be much quicker and less annoying to follow Phill's advice above, given how many cods are associated with VVM.
    Looks like it only reboots when deleting the core of the app, the extras its deleting without a reboot.
    05-19-10 04:11 PM
    05-21-10 01:41 AM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD