Help, please ! Using my desktop manager, I removed some apps from my device thinking they would still be available in my desktop manager to reinstall at a later time. I just wanted to remove one to see if it was conflicting with another app I have. But now the apps are totally gone.

Is there a way to just remove it from the device (it did not have an enable / disable option so I deleted it instead) but keep it elsewhere for future use?

I appreciate any help anyone can lend !

Ai
    09-22-09 07:52 PM
    DL your carrier specific OS
    09-22-09 07:59 PM
    Sorry - I should have specified - these are 3rd party apps - not BB apps
    09-22-09 08:15 PM
    Help, please ! Using my desktop manager, I removed some apps from my device thinking they would still be available in my desktop manager to reinstall at a later time. I just wanted to remove one to see if it was conflicting with another app I have. But now the apps are totally gone.

Is there a way to just remove it from the device (it did not have an enable / disable option so I deleted it instead) but keep it elsewhere for future use?

I appreciate any help anyone can lend !

Ai
    Are they OS apps, or 3rd party apps? If the former, downloading and installing the OS as suggested by larrygump will allow DM to reinstall the apps. Remember that it must be the exact OS that is installed on your BB.

If it's the latter, this thread explains how to backup 3rd party apps:http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/ho...-4-7-a-125449/

You can restore 3rd party apps from a backup, by going into Restore in DM and browsing for the 3rd party backup file that has the app you want to restore.
    09-22-09 08:17 PM
    Log into where you bought the apps from, (crackberry, handango etc) and you should see an area for them to resend the link. I save all of my app emails in a BB folder in my email, but I also can get to them in my crackberry store accounts.
    09-22-09 08:23 PM
    Hey Rach. Long time no see. I see you've moved.
    09-22-09 08:24 PM
    Hey

Yep, we made the big trek well, 4 weeks this Thursday
    09-22-09 08:27 PM
    Nice. How do you like it out there?
    09-22-09 08:31 PM
    LOVE it, everyone is so nice, we live about 10 mins north of madison in a small little town, small! LOL but its good, sleepy, peaceful, neighborhoody type area, its awesome.. and a short drive to anywhere we want to get too.. its also a beautiful place..
    09-22-09 08:41 PM
    Thanks for the help !
    09-22-09 08:49 PM
    You're welcome.
    09-22-09 08:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD