My phone's facebook app alway shows me the CityVille crap in my news feeds. I have hidden it on my facebook account on the computer, but it still shows up on my phone. Any suggestions? Thanks
    05-13-11 09:56 AM
    My phone's facebook app alway shows me the CityVille crap in my news feeds. I have hidden it on my facebook account on the computer, but it still shows up on my phone. Any suggestions? Thanks
    i would say double check on your computer that you really hid that specific app. ive never hid something and it still show. one thing to be careful of is theres a bunch of apps that have similar sounding names, so you kightve hid one, not realizing there were actually two.

or i could be wrong. lol.
    05-13-11 10:05 AM
    I am having the same problem. The Cityville posts only show on my Blackberry --- but not on my computer. It's the only app that is doing this. There must be a way to shut them off. Because I don't see them in my newsfeed on the computer, I can't follow the way I would normally get rid of them (mentioned in your post.)

Any ideas?
    i would say double check on your computer that you really hid that specific app. ive never hid something and it still show. one thing to be careful of is theres a bunch of apps that have similar sounding names, so you kightve hid one, not realizing there were actually two.

or i could be wrong. lol.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-14-11 04:47 AM
    Hello,
    i think you've allowed that app on Facebook acces my data any time option.
    Don't make it hidden, try to delete or do not allow it from your privacy settings.

Fatih Kurnaz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    06-14-11 10:33 AM
    Same here, and I certainly DID NOT allow that app or any of those other 'ville' or 'town' apps to access my data. Maybe I'll use the Feedback tool! I keep forgetting I have it.
    06-14-11 12:02 PM
    On 2.0 Myself as well. Citi-ville or whatever is the only one that does it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-14-11 07:27 PM
    Sorry to revive, but I was suffering from this as well. I think I found the solution.

When you see CityVille posts in your News Feed on your computer, apparently they come from invitations sent by your friends. You can hide the posts easily, but if you don't go and properly ignore the app requests on your computer, they will still show up on your BlackBerry's Facebook application.

On your News Feed page, on the left side, click on App Requests and you will be presented with a list of pending invitations and the number of friends for each that have invited you to participate. Click the Ignore All link next to the name of each app and then refresh the News Feed on your BlackBerry. The CityVille posts should then vanish.

While you're at it, if any of the other items on the left side of the News Feed page have numbers to the right of them, click on those and clean them up.

Worked for me, anyway...your mileage may vary.
    08-19-11 07:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD