I manage nearly 100 BlackBerry devices for the company I work for. Therefore I have to deal with warranty replacements and broken phones on a regular basis. I recently purchased some applications from Mobihand and have been having an impossible time trying to switch PIN numbers for replacement devices. I have sent messages to their support group but after a week I have received no reply.

Can anyone recommend a better service to purchase our applications through? I need far more reliable support, as I cannot have my end users without application use for a week or more every time I replace a BlackBerry. I have to say that I love CrackBerry but am very dissapointed at their association with a service like Mobihand. I cannot be the only person that manages multiple smart phones that need application support on a regular basis. There has to be a better way of dealing with these issues other than sending out e-mail after e-mail, waiting and waiting for a response.

I very much appreciate any suggestions you can share with me. I am now facing the need to re-purchase several applications simply because I cannot get Mobihand to step up and support the products they sell. They didn't hesitate to take my money but they certainly are not that quick to help me make the PIN number changes that I need to do. Very discouraging indeed.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
    05-09-10 06:58 PM
    I manage nearly 100 BlackBerry devices for the company I work for. Therefore I have to deal with warranty replacements and broken phones on a regular basis. I recently purchased some applications from Mobihand and have been having an impossible time trying to switch PIN numbers for replacement devices. I have sent messages to their support group but after a week I have received no reply.

Can anyone recommend a better service to purchase our applications through? I need far more reliable support, as I cannot have my end users without application use for a week or more every time I replace a BlackBerry. I have to say that I love CrackBerry but am very dissapointed at their association with a service like Mobihand. I cannot be the only person that manages multiple smart phones that need application support on a regular basis. There has to be a better way of dealing with these issues other than sending out e-mail after e-mail, waiting and waiting for a response.

I very much appreciate any suggestions you can share with me. I am now facing the need to re-purchase several applications simply because I cannot get Mobihand to step up and support the products they sell. They didn't hesitate to take my money but they certainly are not that quick to help me make the PIN number changes that I need to do. Very discouraging indeed.

First off, if you require a PIN change for an application, MobiHand cannot do this. You must contact the application builder for that. In other words, if I buy BerryBuzz through MobiHand and I switch devices, I contact Bell Share, not MobiHand.

MobiHand is just a conduit for all of these separate vendors to sell their products easily. Each vendor is responsible for providing the technical support for their individual products.

If you are buying that many licenses I would suggest you contact the vendors themselves as they are much more apt to be responsive with a business such as yours.
    05-09-10 07:23 PM
    I've always gone throughg mobihand to switch device PINS!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-09-10 08:06 PM
    hey mpickering,

thanks for the patience! i've flagged this thread for mobihand to look at. am sure you will get a response.

all the best,

kevin
    05-09-10 08:11 PM

Yeah, that sucks . . . Several months ago, I wound up having 3 BB's within one month (upgraded from Storm to Storm2 > Swithced out defective Storm2 for another Storm2).

When I tried to switch PIN to my current BB, I was unable to do so on Mobihand's website. I was prompted to contact them via email (too many PIN changes within a short period of time . . . if 2 PIN changes are too many . . .I guess).

It took 4 days for them to return my request and change my PIN. May not seem like a big deal, but it left me without my paid app for several days. I thought there should be a better way / quicker way to do this.

I can imagine the frustration you're feeling, managing & responsible for 100 BB's!!! I was frustrated with my 1 BB!

My suggestion for Mobihand: As long as the user "passes" website security (passwords and such . . .), PIN change should be immediate. Sounds so simple but what do I know....

good luck mpickering
    05-09-10 10:31 PM
    Mobihand is probably the best place to buy the apps, but PIN changes is not their strong suit.

I agree, once a user signs into their account, they should be able to complete a PIN change on their own and be immediate. And a user should be able to buy apps for multible accounts under one account and still be able to select which PIN needs to be changed. Easily done by putting check mark boxes by each app, the user can check which app needs to be changed and presto, done.

OP...I dont know if you bought all the apps on one account, but if you did this will be a big problem. If mobihand does get hold of you, work with them to set each PIN (blackberry) under its own account. You will need to have a email address for each one, which you should, use the email address to each blackberry and use the same password so you only have to remember 1 password for each email address, and have them set up seperate accounts for each blackberry. It is a pain now, but if you dont seperate them now, you will always have this problem. And of course in the future, for each account you set up, set it up as a new one.
    05-10-10 07:21 AM
    Mobihand is probably the best place to buy the apps, but PIN changes is not their strong suit.
    I agree with you.

I agree, once a user signs into their account, they should be able to complete a PIN change on their own and be immediate. And a user should be able to buy apps for multible accounts under one account and still be able to select which PIN needs to be changed. Easily done by putting check mark boxes by each app, the user can check which app needs to be changed and presto, done.

OP...I dont know if you bought all the apps on one account, but if you did this will be a big problem. If mobihand does get hold of you, work with them to set each PIN (blackberry) under its own account. You will need to have a email address for each one, which you should, use the email address to each blackberry and use the same password so you only have to remember 1 password for each email address, and have them set up seperate accounts for each blackberry. It is a pain now, but if you dont seperate them now, you will always have this problem. And of course in the future, for each account you set up, set it up as a new one.
    What a pain in the a$$ this would be for the OP and others with similar issues !! Mobihand definitely needs to address this issue.
    05-10-10 07:59 AM
    Mobihand CAN and will change PINs. The 1st time is automatic, afterwards of they feel it's too soon, you need to email them. It took them more than a week of emailing back and forth to change my PIN but they did it.
    Better than Mobihand? I couldn't find any.
    05-10-10 08:03 AM
    First off, if you require a PIN change for an application, MobiHand cannot do this. You must contact the application builder for that. In other words, if I buy BerryBuzz through MobiHand and I switch device
    You are not correct. PIN changes are done via mobihand (although not swiftly as noted above). Go look at your account page on mobihand...the PIN change request is there...
    05-10-10 08:04 AM
    Many thanks to all of you for your input. It sounds like I am just stuck, waiting for Mobihand to respond at this point. It is rather discouraging that a simple PIN swap has to be such a chore; especially when in reality it is a very simple process. Hopefully Mobihand will make task a lot simpler and far more timely in the future.

Thanks again and I wish all of you a wonderful day.
    05-10-10 09:28 AM
    I upgraded my S1 to an S2 and requested a PIN change on Mobihand last Friday night. I received an email from them the next day, on Saturday afternoon, that my PIN had been updated.

I have always been pleased with the customer service that Mobihand provides and I buy all my apps from them.
    05-10-10 09:39 AM
    Hi mpickering,

MobiHand prides itself on having great automated tools and real-people support for our customers. We look forward to making you a satisfied buyer.

Our records show that after your purchase you successfully changed your PIN. We provide self-service tools to automate and make this process instantaneous, which you apparently used by logging into your account on 4/1.

We don't see a record of any email from you to Customer Support until yesterday evening. For any previous email you sent, please let us know (at customersupport at mobihand dot com) what address you sent it from, so we can locate it in our system. Unfortunately, we didn't respond until just a few minutes ago to last night's support ticket -- we try to turn around support requests sooner, sorry. I understand that our Support staff is now in communication with you, and your issues are being (or have already been) resolved.

-David
    05-10-10 10:23 AM
    Thanks David. I have indeed been taken care of and all is well at this point. As far as the automated tools; unfortunately when I changed a PIN number, last April, it changed the PIN for all of my apps. That is why I did not purchase any more applications from Mobihand, because I got the feeling that all of my BlackBerry applications would be blended together. If I purchase 50 copies of Quick Launch, I don't want them all to be assigned the same PIN number in your system.

The Mobihand support person who helped me stated that there is an Enterprise support solution in the works, which should provide me the control I need over all of my BB accounts. That is very good news and I am looking forward to seeing that arrive in the near future. After all, I am just looking for the simplest, quickest way to reassign phones and applications throughout my company. With the Enterprise Business support, I have confidence in doing business with Mobihand going forward.

Thanks again for your help.

Cheers,

~ Marty
    05-11-10 02:10 PM
    OP, I know the feeling. Had that happen as well. When I put in the change of pin, I received an email saying it was being done. then it wasnt. I sent a letter TWICE and had an auto reply stating that I needed to change the pin and it would be changed. I ended up buying the same product twice.

They're Auto reply for problems like this needs to be changed to a CUSTOMER SERVICE PERSON, not an automated response.

Also, the pin process needs to be changed in my opinion. If you and I had these problems, Im certain others have had it as well, and I hate buying something twice when it was someone elses fault.
    05-11-10 02:42 PM
    I am having a similar problem. I'm waiting for them to authorize my PIN change. It says that they will respond within a few hours. I suppose that a "few hours" is relative. I'd really like to have my paid apps back

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-15-10 10:02 PM
    ===== QUOTE trucksmoveamerica ====

===== /QUOTE ====

I agree with you.

===== QUOTE trucksmoveamerica ====

===== /QUOTE ====

What a pain in the a$$ this would be for the OP and others with similar issues !! Mobihand definitely needs to address this issue.
    I agree completely.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    05-15-10 10:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD