I have CrunchSMS installed on my Curve 8330, and I have the Firewall blocking SMS messages from going to the BBerry SMS message program. But I'm wondering how to make CrunchSMS the default SMS program for SENDING messages. For example:

Let's say I type in someone's name from the Home screen, press the Blackberry option button, and then scroll down to "SMS Person's, Name". Right now, it still opens up the standard BBerry SMS program instead of CrunchSMS. So I send my first message to the person using the default program, then their replies and the rest of the thread goes through CrunchSMS. How do I get it so CrunchSMS is opened by default and my original message would thus go through CrunchSMS?

Thanks!!
    04-09-10 04:46 PM
    You can't. Sorry, I wish it could be done too.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-09-10 06:32 PM
    I was hoping someone would chime in with some magic cure...

This can't be real!? There's NO way to change this? I'm coming from a WinMO phone, so maybe I was just spoiled because you can change almost ANYTHING on a winmo phone...

Oh well. Thanks for responding! At least I got an answer!
    04-11-10 09:45 AM
    I was hoping someone would chime in with some magic cure...

This can't be real!? There's NO way to change this? I'm coming from a WinMO phone, so maybe I was just spoiled because you can change almost ANYTHING on a winmo phone...

Oh well. Thanks for responding! At least I got an answer!
    I believe they are working on an update to make it possible. Meanwhile, you have to initiate the conversation from inside CrunchSMS.
    04-11-10 10:19 AM
    Hopefully the update includes the option to delete more than one message at a time! I love the app, but that is frustrating as ****
    04-11-10 01:11 PM
    Hopefully the update includes the option to delete more than one message at a time! I love the app, but that is frustrating as ****
    If you go to the page that has all the different threads by contact name you can delete a thread. You don't have to delete one message at a time.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-11-10 01:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD