have a cracked 8350i running on boost network. I got sms, email, everything else working. Can't dl facebook or other stuff without app world apparantly... I've tried uninstalling and installing app world with DM. It says it's there but I can get the icon to show up in the phone. when I try to dl it from blackberry I get the message "your device does not meet the system requirements needed to support app world" what am I doing wrong?
    01-30-11 12:35 PM
    If you install OS 5.0 it should automatically install appworld but I don't think it's compatible with previous OS. There are a lot of apps that you can DL'ed ota without appworld.
    As far as FB, twitter for blackberry and any other RIM applications, they will not work with boost b ecause they require BIS.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-30-11 05:34 PM
    I already installed os 5 which is how I can see that app world is in my applications but I can't access it for some reason. And facebook does work with boost because I had it on my other boostberry. I switched to the 8350i so I could have the 2 way. Something just isn't loading right.. Any ideas anyine?

01-30-11 09:37 PM
    Not sure about appworld, I know that It didn't work when I had OS 4.6 but was there when I loaded 5.0.

As far as facebook, v1.6 is the only version that works on the 8350i on boost, any other version you will not be able to connect. If you search through the forums look for FB v1.6.0.22 this will work with OS 5 but it's limited. Every other RIM application that I have tried will not make a connection because I don't have BIS.

I know there was a thread floating around about missing the appworld icon but I'm not sure how this relates to boostberry.

01-30-11 10:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD