Is there any way to search for an application on the Storm?? I have BB Maps installed (DM shows it installed) but I can't find it in any folders.

thanks,
    Bert
    05-19-09 07:19 AM
    Check in your applications folder on your phone.

Also go to options, then applications and see if it appears on that list.
    05-19-09 07:21 AM
    See if it is hidden. Go into applications folder, press BB button and select Show All. Then look in all folders. If you still can't find, then you probably have to resend the service book for it. Search this forum for how to do that, I don't remember atm.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-19-09 07:40 AM
    It shows up under options / advanced / applications as well. I've un-hid everything and still can't find it!

Not sure I understand what the "service book" is.

I'm going to delete the app and try re-installing it from DM.

thanks,
    Bert
    05-19-09 08:03 AM
    you could always go to m.google.com from your phone and download google maps, from what i hear its better anyways!
    05-19-09 08:04 AM
    you could always go to m.google.com from your phone and download google maps, from what i hear its better anyways!
    I uninstalled and reinstalled BB Maps and it still doesn't show up anywhere.

FWIW I just downloaded google maps, but I would still want to know where BB Maps is hiding!

bert
    05-19-09 08:17 AM
    For you service books...
    Setup > Email Settings > Log In > Menu > Service Books > Send Service Books

Grey
    05-19-09 08:18 AM
    For you service books...
    Setup > Email Settings > Log In > Menu > Service Books > Send Service Books

Grey

"Service Books" seem to have something to do with email - could it have anything to do with a missing app?

FWIW I resent service books, but it didn't make any difference.

I also uninstalled and re-installed, but still can't find it.

Anyone know of any low-level tools that will let me snoop the device?

bert
    05-19-09 08:45 AM
    BB Maps has an icon that looks like a compass, a white ring with a red needle, and is labelled "Maps" By default it is in the applications folder. If you had hidden it, hit the BB key until a menu comes up, then select Show All, any hidden icons will now be visible, half bright.

If you still can't find it, you can try to Reset Icon Arrangement (from home screen, BB key once or twice to bring up the menu, then options, then at the bottom) This will undo any icon sorting, movement, hides, etc, and put everything back where it was when you got it from Verizon. And that would be in the Application folder.

Also be sure you scroll the listing in the Applications folder, when I got mine, there were more icons in there than fit onthe screen, had to vertically scroll to see them all, I seem to remember Maps was at the top.
    05-19-09 09:51 AM
    BB Maps has an icon that looks like a compass, a white ring with a red needle, and is labelled "Maps" By default it is in the applications folder. If you had hidden it, hit the BB key until a menu comes up, then select Show All, any hidden icons will now be visible, half bright.

If you still can't find it, you can try to Reset Icon Arrangement (from home screen, BB key once or twice to bring up the menu, then options, then at the bottom) This will undo any icon sorting, movement, hides, etc, and put everything back where it was when you got it from Verizon. And that would be in the Application folder.

Also be sure you scroll the listing in the Applications folder, when I got mine, there were more icons in there than fit onthe screen, had to vertically scroll to see them all, I seem to remember Maps was at the top.
    Thanks for that - I didn't realize I could reset the icons. I'll give it a try now.

bert
    05-19-09 10:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD