I accidentaly deleted bb maps off of my phone, where can I downoad the app again? I checked in the ota apps thread but the link there doesn't work. Can anyone help me out?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-08-09 10:19 AM
    Try going to blackberry.com and see if they have it for download. If not, reload your current OS and make to select it as an add on.

06-08-09 10:23 AM
    you have to use your desktop and download it from Blackberry.com save to your desktop and use your desktop manger app loader
    06-08-09 10:48 AM
    The OTA link for BB Maps is only for OS 4.1 and 4.2.x. To reinstall BB Maps back onto your device, you need to open up the app loader and checkoff BB Maps. After the installation process finishes you should have BB Maps back on your device.

06-08-09 11:20 AM
    Alright cool, I guess I'll have to do that. Thatnks for the help guys.

06-08-09 11:58 AM
    well, when i go to the app loader there is no bb maps to check off. it just shows all of the apps i currently have. and i also can't download it from blackberry.com

what can i do to get bb maps back?!

your help will be greatly appreciated, thanks!
    06-10-09 03:47 PM
    well, when i go to the app loader there is no bb maps to check off. it just shows all of the apps i currently have. and i also can't download it from blackberry.com

what can i do to get bb maps back?!

your help will be greatly appreciated, thanks!
    Are you going to the app loader in DM or the app loader by itself? If you are running it in DM, try going to C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader/Loader.exe instead.

06-10-09 05:30 PM
    My application list shows BB Maps but I cannot find the app icon anywhere. Where would it be? Not in down loads or applications and not on the home screen

06-10-09 06:14 PM
    My application list shows BB Maps but I cannot find the app icon anywhere. Where would it be? Not in down loads or applications and not on the home screen

Check to see if it is hidden. Press the bb key and select show all. Then look for the Map icon. If found, highlight the icon, press the bb key and select hide to make it shown again.

06-10-09 06:27 PM
    Yeah I tried that its not there. I have att. When I go to maps in advance options it says N/A and won't let me chnage it. Does ATT not allow it because they have TELENAV?

06-10-09 07:41 PM
    I found this in another forum for you.

Question: The BBMaps icon will not show on my device. I see BlackberryMaps in my application list but can�t find it on my device.

Answer: AT&T and some other European carriers, including Orange, have decided that they make more money selling mapping subscriptions than allowing you access to BBMaps. Here is how to make BBMaps show on your device with OS 4.2. OS 4.3 and higher use a different version of BBMaps and this procedure will not work.

* Make sure you have Desktop Manager installed to your PC. It can be downloaded from here
    * Make sure that the OS is installed to your PC. The OS�s downloads for each carrier can be found here
    * Delete the vendor.xml file located in c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader
    * Find the LBS.alx file located in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\8700-v4.2.1.96_P2.3.0.79. Note: The folder name under Loader Files may differ depending on the OS version installed on your device
    * Open the LBS.alx file with a text editor such as WordPad.
    * Scroll down until you find lines similar to this: (Note: each devices version may have differing lines of code.)

<!-- For 8800 series, hide the icon for Cingular (102), Vodafone Germany (124), Vodafone Austria (137) and all Orange properties. -->
    <fileset SystemSize="normal" Colour="True" Java="1.0" _vendorID="~102|124|137|119|162|142|183|147|217" series="8800">
    <files>
    net_rim_bb_lbs_ribbon.cod
    </files>
    </fileset>
    <!-- For non-8800 series, show the icon for all carriers except Vodafone Germany (124), Vodafone Austria (137) and all Orange properties. -->
    <fileset SystemSize="normal" Colour="True" Java="1.0" series="8800">
    <files>
    net_rim_bb_lbs_internal_gps.cod
    </files>
    </fileset>
    <fileset SystemSize="normal" Java="1.0">
    <files>
    net_rim_bb_lbs_resource_en.cod
    </files>
    </fileset>

* Remove all references to �_vendorID=�..� and device codes. Remove the text in bold as shown above and leave the > symbol at the end.

The above code would be changed to the following:
    <!-- For 8800 series, hide the icon for Cingular (102), Vodafone Germany (124), Vodafone Austria (137) and all Orange properties. -->
    <fileset SystemSize="normal" Colour="True" Java="1.0">
    <files>
    net_rim_bb_lbs_ribbon.cod
    </files>
    </fileset>
    <!-- For non-8800 series, show the icon for all carriers except Vodafone Germany (124), Vodafone Austria (137) and all Orange properties. -->
    <fileset SystemSize="normal" Colour="True" Java="1.0">
    <files>
    net_rim_bb_lbs_internal_gps.cod
    </files>
    </fileset>
    <fileset SystemSize="normal" Java="1.0">
    <files>
    net_rim_bb_lbs_resource_en.cod
    </files>
    </fileset>

Save the file with the same LBS.alx name.

Again, each devices .alx is slightly different but removing any references to vendor codes and device codes in the lines as above will do the trick.

* Now plug in the BB, open Desktop Manager and run Application Loader. Make sure BBMaps is checked and continue through to finish the process.
    * BBMaps should now have an icon on your home screen.

06-10-09 08:06 PM
    That is amazing thanks for the help! But I don't have a PC I am mac user. I need to get bootcamp first. I feel bad you found all that for me!

06-10-09 08:09 PM
    I am falling sleep after reading this long document.
    Can you find it at BB App World? If not, simply download Google map OTA.
    It's not that simple. According to what I previously posted, it seems that att has the bbmaps file set to hidden in the lbs file and even if you install it, it will remain hidden.

06-10-09 08:19 PM
    Are you going to the app loader in DM or the app loader by itself? If you are running it in DM, try going to C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader/Loader.exe instead.

I've been trying through the DM, so to get to that file where do I check? Sorry, I've never used dm before =/

06-11-09 06:56 AM
    I've been trying through the DM, so to get to that file where do I check? Sorry, I've never used dm before =/

I'm confused. You said that been trying through the DM and then you said you never used DM before.

06-11-09 11:07 AM
    I'm confused. You said that been trying through the DM and then you said you never used DM before.

Before yesterday when I used it for the 1st time trying to get maps I have never used it. That's what I was trying to say lol. I'm not exactly sure how to get the file you were speaking of. I'm using dm 4.5 if that helps?

06-11-09 11:48 AM
    if i were to go to verizon do you think they can put it back on? i can't figure this crap out! lol
    06-12-09 12:10 PM
    Before yesterday when I used it for the 1st time trying to get maps I have never used it. That's what I was trying to say lol. I'm not exactly sure how to get the file you were speaking of. I'm using dm 4.5 if that helps?

That makes sense now, lol. What I was saying is to go to C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader/Loader.exe on your computer. This will load up the app loader by itself and not through DM. The reason for doing it this way is that sometimes DM screws up the list of available apps by not making them all show up. You can also try deleting any BB OS that you may have installed on your computer. Then go to the BB website, download and then install the OS onto your computer once again.

06-12-09 01:28 PM
    That makes sense now, lol. What I was saying is to go to C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader/Loader.exe on your computer. This will load up the app loader by itself and not through DM. The reason for doing it this way is that sometimes DM screws up the list of available apps by not making them all show up. You can also try deleting any BB OS that you may have installed on your computer. Then go to the BB website, download and then install the OS onto your computer once again.

i just tried that and it still only lists the applications i currently have

i don't see bb maps anywhere on there

i don't know what to do now
    06-13-09 06:13 PM
    i just tried that and it still only lists the applications i currently have

i don't see bb maps anywhere on there

i don't know what to do now
    Did you delete the curve OS on your computer and then download and reinstall it?

Last edited by ArmaK; 06-13-09 at 06:44 PM.
    06-13-09 06:40 PM
    Did you delete the curve OS on your computer and then download and reinstall it?

No I haven't done that lol.

How would I do that?

Sorry for being annoying haha, but you've helped me out a lot!

06-13-09 06:55 PM
    Since I remember you saying that you never used DM until you wanted to reinstall bb maps, that would probably mean that you don't have the curve OS installed on your computer. If you are using the last official OS for the curve, you can go here to get it. Just pick your device from the list and download the OS to your computer and install. It isn't necessary but I recommend restarting your computer and your device so that they are both at a fresh state before trying to go through app loader again. If that doesn't work, try updating your DM to a later version.

06-13-09 07:35 PM
    BBMaps is accessible through BBMessenger, Poynt and SignalLoc (and other apps, I'm sure). You just won't be able to use it through the icon because you can no longer get the icon. But if it's on your BB, you can use it. I use it all the time.

06-14-09 03:06 AM
    BBMaps is accessible through BBMessenger, Poynt and SignalLoc (and other apps, I'm sure). You just won't be able to use it through the icon because you can no longer get the icon. But if it's on your BB, you can use it. I use it all the time.

How do you use it with BBMessenger?

I have an 8900 with AT&T and have uninstalled/reinstalled...tried to download the newest version, all with no luck. I've seen the other threads about the hack to get the icon back, but as I understand it will not work on my phone....v4.6.
    06-17-09 07:51 AM
    No I haven't done that lol.

How would I do that?

Sorry for being annoying haha, but you've helped me out a lot!

I got your solution !!!

Its called Google Maps!!! LMFAO !!!
    06-17-09 08:03 AM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD