I got your solution !!!

Its called Google Maps!!! LMFAO !!!
    That's an awesome solution... unless you happen to have verizon and only bb maps works with gps....

<shakes head>
    06-17-09 07:20 PM
    That's why I left VZW... Long live my Bold and wifi!!!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-17-09 07:21 PM
    My .02 .... If it is showing on app list. Try loading another theme to ur phone and see if the compass icon appears on your phone. If it doesn't appear on ur home screen look in the app folder.

07-25-09 10:32 PM
    I found this in another forum for you.

Question: The BBMaps icon will not show on my device. I see BlackberryMaps in my application list but can�t find it on my device.

Answer: AT&T and some other European carriers, including Orange, have decided that they make more money selling mapping subscriptions than allowing you access to BBMaps. Here is how to make BBMaps show on your device with OS 4.2. OS 4.3 and higher use a different version of BBMaps and this procedure will not work.

* Make sure you have Desktop Manager installed to your PC. It can be downloaded from here
    * Make sure that the OS is installed to your PC. The OS�s downloads for each carrier can be found here
    * Delete the vendor.xml file located in c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader
    * Find the LBS.alx file located in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\8700-v4.2.1.96_P2.3.0.79. Note: The folder name under Loader Files may differ depending on the OS version installed on your device
    * Open the LBS.alx file with a text editor such as WordPad.
    * Scroll down until you find lines similar to this: (Note: each devices version may have differing lines of code.)

<!-- For 8800 series, hide the icon for Cingular (102), Vodafone Germany (124), Vodafone Austria (137) and all Orange properties. -->
    <fileset SystemSize="normal" Colour="True" Java="1.0" _vendorID="~102|124|137|119|162|142|183|147|217" series="8800">
    <files>
    net_rim_bb_lbs_ribbon.cod
    </files>
    </fileset>
    <!-- For non-8800 series, show the icon for all carriers except Vodafone Germany (124), Vodafone Austria (137) and all Orange properties. -->
    <fileset SystemSize="normal" Colour="True" Java="1.0" series="8800">
    <files>
    net_rim_bb_lbs_internal_gps.cod
    </files>
    </fileset>
    <fileset SystemSize="normal" Java="1.0">
    <files>
    net_rim_bb_lbs_resource_en.cod
    </files>
    </fileset>

* Remove all references to �_vendorID=�..� and device codes. Remove the text in bold as shown above and leave the > symbol at the end.

The above code would be changed to the following:
    <!-- For 8800 series, hide the icon for Cingular (102), Vodafone Germany (124), Vodafone Austria (137) and all Orange properties. -->
    <fileset SystemSize="normal" Colour="True" Java="1.0">
    <files>
    net_rim_bb_lbs_ribbon.cod
    </files>
    </fileset>
    <!-- For non-8800 series, show the icon for all carriers except Vodafone Germany (124), Vodafone Austria (137) and all Orange properties. -->
    <fileset SystemSize="normal" Colour="True" Java="1.0">
    <files>
    net_rim_bb_lbs_internal_gps.cod
    </files>
    </fileset>
    <fileset SystemSize="normal" Java="1.0">
    <files>
    net_rim_bb_lbs_resource_en.cod
    </files>
    </fileset>

Save the file with the same LBS.alx name.

Again, each devices .alx is slightly different but removing any references to vendor codes and device codes in the lines as above will do the trick.

* Now plug in the BB, open Desktop Manager and run Application Loader. Make sure BBMaps is checked and continue through to finish the process.
    * BBMaps should now have an icon on your home screen.

Hey question I have at&t and I have been trying to down load OS.250 and I get it downloaded but when I plug my phone to the DM it only has .231 available to download not the original .250 I downloaded?? Can u help? I'm also trying to do the bbmaps info u gave since I as well have that same problem. So any help u could offer would b great! :-) thank u!

07-26-09 04:24 PM
    Hey question I have at&t and I have been trying to down load OS.250 and I get it downloaded but when I plug my phone to the DM it only has .231 available to download not the original .250 I downloaded?? Can u help? I'm also trying to do the bbmaps info u gave since I as well have that same problem. So any help u could offer would b great! :-) thank u!

Make sure that you don't have any other BB OS software installed on your computer. Then make sure to delete the vendor.xml file from C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Apploader. Then run loader.exe from the same folder. It should recognize the .250 OS as an update.

07-26-09 05:09 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD