Hi - I have a Sprint 8330 that came with a number of annoying icons. I can't seem to delete the icons, and hiding them doesn't really hide them. I know how to delete most applications, that's no problem, but these oddball apps don't appear on the applications list. Is there a way to remove them??
    04-20-10 02:31 PM
    Sorry but those are more than likely icons that Sprint has pushed to your phone. What I did with those annoying icons is created a folder called useless and moved all those icons in there.
    04-20-10 02:36 PM
    Hiding them or putting them in a folder is as good as it gets. These are "pushed" to your device by your carrier. As long as you do not install the icon, it's doing absolutely nothing. They are sent via service books and the icons will appear after a reboot or you resend your service books. So you're stuck with them basically...
    04-20-10 02:39 PM
    I appreciate it, that worked better than expected. I can live with a couple of folders, it's much better than countless useless apps.
    04-20-10 04:02 PM
    hiding them doesn't really hide them.
    I can live with a couple of folders
    soytnly, I'm curious,

What do you mean by "doesn't really hide them." Are you saying that after hiding them, you can somehow still see them? are seeing them as faded rather than gone?

Also, I would think you could create one folder with all your unused icons in it.
    04-20-10 04:56 PM
    soytnly, I'm curious,

What do you mean by "doesn't really hide them." Are you saying that after hiding them, you can somehow still see them? are seeing them as faded rather than gone?

Also, I would think you could create one folder with all your unused icons in it.
    I think his icons were only changing into a fade instead of actually being hidden.
    04-21-10 06:45 AM
    Tommy, Baberz is correct, when I 'hide' the icons they just fade, so there really isn't any benefit in doing so. You are also correct in that I was able to create a folder...I honestly didn't know that I could do so, embarassing admission that it is! I'm able to update the operating system though!
    04-21-10 09:44 AM
    When you hide an icon, you need to go into the menu button and uncheck "show all" in order to not see the hidden icons. This is probably apparent to everyone, but thought I'd share anyway
    04-21-10 09:56 AM
    Hide the icons and then use the menu button from the main desktop screen and uncheck show all.
    04-21-10 03:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD