I really like Weather Eye and I went to delete this old, smaller Accuweather.com application. I swear I cannot find the listing for it in the Application List. I went back to the app and tried the BB key to see if I could get a hint but nothing.

The icon is a small cloud with something like H58 L23 on it. How do I find out the applications name in order to remove it without deleting something important.
    03-19-09 10:43 AM
    I really like Weather Eye and I went to delete this old, smaller Accuweather.com application. I swear I cannot find the listing for it in the Application List. I went back to the app and tried the BB key to see if I could get a hint but nothing.

The icon is a small cloud with something like H58 L23 on it. How do I find out the applications name in order to remove it without deleting something important.
    Applications that are not part of the OS are bold in the applications list.
    03-19-09 10:47 AM
    just highlite the app hit the bb menu key and see if delete is listed.....
    03-19-09 10:50 AM
    Applications that are not part of the OS are bold in the applications list.
    That is not true. The bold simply has to do with the permissons or compatibility mode.
    03-19-09 10:55 AM
    When I highlight the app and hit the bb button...it says I can delete this channel. Does that help at all? If I delete the channel, the program is still there isn't it?
    03-19-09 11:01 AM
    Delete then batt pull see what happens....
    03-19-09 11:02 AM
    When I highlight the app and hit the bb button...it says I can delete this channel. Does that help at all? If I delete the channel, the program is still there isn't it?
    Channel? Make sure you have the app in question selected then hit the BB key. Delete should be an option.
    03-19-09 11:03 AM
    You're all wrong. For Accuweather, you need to open the application. There will be an "unsubscribe" link on the page. Click it. After that, you can delete the app and it won't come back. If you don't unsubscribe, it will be pushed to your phone.
    03-19-09 11:06 AM
    You're all wrong. For Accuweather, you need to open the application. There will be an "unsubscribe" link on the page. Click it. After that, you can delete the app and it won't come back. If you don't unsubscribe, it will be pushed to your phone.
    Good to know since I don't use any weather apps. Weather.com is good enough for me.
    03-19-09 11:07 AM
    Good to know since I don't use any weather apps. Weather.com is good enough for me.
    Accuweather is actually a pretty good "app". It's really just a link to online weather for your area (including animated radar ), but it also pushes current conditions to your Storm which updates the weather icon/text (for that quick glance capability). I started with Accuweather, then went to WB for a long time, then went back to Accuweather, now I'm on the new WB, but I'm thinking of going back to Accuweather. I think it works well enough for me and is nowhere near the size/resources of WB.
    03-19-09 11:17 AM
    I just started using WeatherEye and I love it. It takes up the whole screen, is easy on the eyes and I can hit a button for a short term or long term forecast. With Accuweather it never seemed to save my location and I had to expand the size to read it. I was able to delete the app as ylexot mentioned. I unsubscribed and then it just disappeared entirely on its own. Worked like a charm. THANKS all!!
    03-19-09 12:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD