Is there somewhere I gotta go to do this, or do I just close each one individually?

I'd like to conserve my battery as much as possible

Thanks
    10-29-09 02:09 PM
    As far as I have found, you just close each application as you finish with them. There are some that just stay running in the background though, like Blackberry Messenger and such.

Hope that helps.
    10-29-09 02:28 PM
    Hold the Crackberry button down for 2 or 3 secs, Quicklaunch will appear, click on the app that you want to shut down, that app will open, and then hit the crackberry button again, and scroll to exit or Close.. Use the Quick launch to see what apps you have running in the background. Works great!

10-29-09 03:13 PM
    Also, hitting the escape/back button in an app will close that app.
    10-29-09 03:16 PM
    Hold the Crackberry button down for 2 or 3 secs, Quicklaunch will appear, click on the app that you want to shut down, that app will open, and then hit the crackberry button again, and scroll to exit or Close.. Use the Quick launch to see what apps you have running in the background. Works great!

Just an FYI, it's called Application Switcher not Quicklaunch. Quicklaunch is an actual app.
    10-29-09 03:18 PM
    Also, hitting the escape/back button in an app will close that app.
    Not all the time.
    10-29-09 03:19 PM
    Sorry, my bad. lol and your right about the esc key. It will not always kill the app thats running! Thx for the Correction! =)
    10-29-09 03:21 PM
    Not all the time.
    Really?

I don't know what apps anyone else may be running. It works for what I use.

Which apps (other than the 5 that are always running) don't close when the escape button is pressed?
    10-29-09 03:32 PM
    Or is it just sometimes buggy and the app is sometimes left running?
    10-29-09 03:34 PM
    Press and hold the BB button and the app switcher will appear... click on the app you want to close. Once in that app hit the BB button and CLOSE, down at the bottom of the menu.

Also closing apps as you are done with them is a good habit to get into.
    Hope that helps!
    10-29-09 03:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD