Since the look of the newer OS seems fairly streamlined (i.e. all icons look somewhat the same, transparent, square, not colorful), I was wondering how 3rd party app icons look. For example, is Gmail still red and white, so that you have a red and white icon sticking out in the middle of all these other fairly inconspicuous icons? When you have a handful of colorful icons, does this make it looks awkward?

Any screens maybe?

Thanks.
    07-09-09 01:57 PM
    They all look the same pretty much. I think 5.0 will be the same deal...
    07-09-09 02:18 PM
    They all look the same pretty much. I think 5.0 will be the same deal...
    The "same" as in they don't change, so they are still their original shapes and colors, or the "same" as in they change to look the same as the new OS?
    07-09-09 02:28 PM
    they look exactly the same on all devices
    07-09-09 03:03 PM
    they look exactly the same on all devices
    So does anyone think that looks weird to have all the standard icons look pretty much the same, and then to have random 3rd party icons all over the place? With 4.3, at least, even the standard icons like Messages, Calendar, etc. are different colors and shapes, so 3rd party icons fit right in. I can't help but think that a few colorful icons in that more or less monotone of the new OS theme would look weird.
    07-09-09 03:05 PM
    So does anyone think that looks weird to have all the standard icons look pretty much the same, and then to have random 3rd party icons all over the place? With 4.3, at least, even the standard icons like Messages, Calendar, etc. are different colors and shapes, so 3rd party icons fit right in. I can't help but think that a few colorful icons in that more or less monotone of the new OS theme would look weird.
    the app itself (i.e. facebook) designs what it looks like
    07-09-09 03:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD