DO NOT use it but it runs in the background all the time.

When I call my regular VVM, I always get a SMS message:

alpsgaacds01.attwireless.net:5400?f=0&v=420&m=9048 13****&p=&S=I&s=5433&t=904813****:A:OJUSAP56:ms02: client:47297

I have replace the last 4 digits of my cell phone number with ****
    I only use the regular VM and want to stop VVM from running in the background on my 9700 and want to delete it!

HELP
    02-22-10 01:46 PM
    VVM is free from AT&T and works well. If you go to your MyWireless account on your PC, you can set it up. Then you won't get gibberish SMS.

If you use VVM you don't have to call your voicemail, so you won't use any minutes to check VMs. You can also skip the VMs and listen to ones you want, rather than all of them in order.

I got VVM as soon as it was available and like it. You might want to try it first before deciding to delete the app.
    02-22-10 01:55 PM
    U can delete by using DM
    02-22-10 02:00 PM
    VVM is free from AT&T and works well. If you go to your MyWireless account on your PC, you can set it up. Then you won't get gibberish SMS.

If you use VVM you don't have to call your voicemail, so you won't use any minutes to check VMs. You can also skip the VMs and listen to ones you want, rather than all of them in order.

I got VVM as soon as it was available and like it. You might want to try it first before deciding to delete the app.
    I have spent HOURS on the phone with AT&T to get it to work and to no avail. So I had them remove it from my plan and put the regular VM back on my account.

I know it is free and am glad it works well on your device.
    02-22-10 02:18 PM
    U can delete by using DM
    It is not available to delete on the app loader on DM so I will likely have to edit my VendorXML File
    02-22-10 02:20 PM
    You have to delete the cod files from the OS that you installed for your PC for your device.
    I have deleted it off of my Bold 9700 the first day I got it.. Here is an example of the cod files to delete.

net_rim_bb_vvm.cod,......... net_rim_bb_vvm_settings_lib.cod

Note: there are 40 cod files with VVM in the file name that need to be removed from the OS...

Once you remove them, connect your BB and run Desktop Manager and it will detect that the cod files are missing and ask you to reload VVM. Click past that and it will reboot your BB and VVM will be removed!

Path 4 cod files if OS is installed on your PC: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9700M_v5.0.0.442_P5.1.0.121\Java
    Last edited by IMTHTG; 02-22-10 at 03:04 PM.
    02-22-10 03:02 PM
    You can also delete prior to installing an OS with shrink-a-os. You can get it at bbhybrids.net
    02-22-10 03:10 PM
    You have to delete the cod files from the OS that you installed for your PC for your device.
    I have deleted it off of my Bold 9700 the first day I got it.. Here is an example of the cod files to delete.

net_rim_bb_vvm.cod,......... net_rim_bb_vvm_settings_lib.cod

Note: there are 40 cod files with VVM in the file name that need to be removed from the OS...

Once you remove them, connect your BB and run Desktop Manager and it will detect that the cod files are missing and ask you to reload VVM. Click past that and it will reboot your BB and VVM will be removed!

Path 4 cod files if OS is installed on your PC: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9700M_v5.0.0.442_P5.1.0.121\Java
    Why not just delete the .alx files found out " C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9700M_v5.0.0.442_P5.1.0.121 "

seems alot simpler than thumbing through all of the files..

then run your app loader found at " C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader "
    02-22-10 03:25 PM
    Stupid n00b question, do you have to call att to get VVM? I tried looking through the options in my online settings for attwireless and couldn't find it at all.
    02-22-10 04:10 PM
    it should be on your phone, but you may have to call and have it activated.
    02-22-10 04:12 PM
    02-22-10 04:14 PM
    you shouldn't be getting those odd SMS's. If you delete the app you will continue to get them
    02-22-10 04:37 PM
    Stupid n00b question, do you have to call att to get VVM? I tried looking through the options in my online settings for attwireless and couldn't find it at all.
    It's under features. I didn't call them. I went and added it myself last November. There is a need to call a number to provision it and add a password after you add the feature, but you don't need to talk to any reps at AT&T.

02-22-10 05:07 PM
    it should be on your phone, but you may have to call and have it activated.
    Yep, I did have to make a call to get the feature added. Now its working .

Back when I got my phone, the lovely but rather dim person who set it up had me attached to the wrong type of voicemail account.
    02-22-10 05:44 PM
    OK I edited my net_rim-bb-vmm and changed where it said "Required" from True to False.

Then went back to the apploader on the DM and it now gives you a choice if you want to use VVM or not. Uncheck the box and tell it to update and it takes maybe 10 seconds. You phone then reboots and it is done!

Thanks all
    02-22-10 05:50 PM
    Why would you want to delete VVM? I think it's a great feature in my opinion. You can bypass messages from people you don't care about but if you don't use it or you just rather not have it then why have it on your phone. I'm happy with it as many others are.
    02-22-10 08:01 PM
    Just wanted to send my thanks, I'm another that does NOT want VVM but did not know I could get rid of it. This is great! :-)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-23-10 02:27 AM
    I had a problem setting it up. I just went went down to my local ATT store and the rep did it in less than 5 mins. I love it.
    02-23-10 03:44 AM
    I am tickled pink that many of you love VVM. But in my original post I explained that I wanted to get rid of it. I was asking how?

Anyway, getting rid of it DID STOP THE ERROR MESSAGES! I got these every time I checked my regular VM. I thnak everyone for all of their opinions on how they like or dislike VVM and if I should keep it or not! LOL?

As I had mentioned I have spent hours on the phone trying to get VVM working and they could not! In the end it just was not worth it, but the error messages had to go. I even went to the store and they could not get it to work. I have replaced the phone and they still could not get it to work.

I am happy as it is out of my life! LOL! I got 154mb free!
    02-23-10 05:15 AM
    Why would you want to delete VVM? I think it's a great feature in my opinion. You can bypass messages from people you don't care about but if you don't use it or you just rather not have it then why have it on your phone. I'm happy with it as many others are.

Hmmm, I thought I had pretty well explained it in my texts
    02-23-10 05:16 AM
    Just wanted to send my thanks, I'm another that does NOT want VVM but did not know I could get rid of it. This is great! :-)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Glad this thread helped. This place is really great but like all forums you really got to "filter" out the "noise" to get to the facts.
    02-23-10 05:17 AM
    Visual Voice Mail is highly over-rated and serves no purpose over standard voice mail. I still have to call in, i still have to take time out of my day to listen to voice mails. it takes way to long for the VVM to show up on my phone. I would much rather use Ribbit Mobile, Get my E-Mails transcribed and emailed to me, and have a MP3 of the voice mail. and delete VVM and use that space for other stuff.
    02-23-10 07:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD