I've deleted both youmail and weathereye from my applications list. However, I still have archived applications on my bb. When you click on them they ask if you want to restore the app. I've searched the forums and have never found an answer. Thanks for your help.
    10-09-09 07:51 PM
    Go in app world, click on my world, then you'll see apps that are archived, just delete them.
    Hit the blackberry button, click delete

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-09-09 07:56 PM
    Go in app world, click on my world, then you'll see apps that are archived, just delete them.
    Hit the blackberry button, click delete

10-09-09 07:57 PM
    Sorry for the double post, my bad

10-09-09 07:58 PM
    That did the trick. Thanks so much.

10-09-09 07:59 PM
    No prob man!

10-09-09 08:02 PM
    I am not seeing any archived apps in My World. I installed the U2 app yesterday and don't like it. Now it is archived and I can't seem to get rid of it.
    10-10-09 08:13 AM
    It didn't work for me... It's still sitting in my app world and it says "archived" I tried deleting it a million times and its still just sitting there. So annoying!
    10-29-09 05:57 PM
    go into media... then hit bb key.. hit explore.. when you have done that a screen will pop up with 2 options: Device memory and SD card.. Select Device memory>blackberry>appworld>downloads>your pin#>your apps.. you can delete them from there... they will no longer be on your phone or be archived in the BB app world...
    10-29-09 06:06 PM
    It didn't work for me... It's still sitting in my app world and it says "archived" I tried deleting it a million times and its still just sitting there. So annoying!
    You have to open your app world program, the scroll over to "my world" high ligh the app that you want the archived item deleted press the menu button and select "delete".

10-29-09 06:07 PM
    You have to open your app world program, the scroll over to "my world" high ligh the app that you want the archived item deleted press the menu button and select "delete".

It didn't work. I even did a battery pull, went back to app world>myworld> then hit delete and it didn't delete the archived file.

I did however, go into media>explore>media card and deleted the pin and app_world. It didn't allow me to delete anything from my device memory.

I have tried EVERYTHING to delete files (locked) and apps (archived or not installed) and nothing is working. The only solution that I have is to reinstall the OS and I am definitely not going to go there because I can honestly say that I do not know what I am doing... This is all just too complex for me.
    10-29-09 06:19 PM
    It didn't work. I even did a battery pull, went back to app world>myworld> then hit delete and it didn't delete the archived file.

I did however, go into media>explore>media card and deleted the pin and app_world. It didn't allow me to delete anything from my device memory.

I have tried EVERYTHING to delete files (locked) and apps (archived or not installed) and nothing is working. The only solution that I have is to reinstall the OS and I am definitely not going to go there because I can honestly say that I do not know what I am doing... This is all just too complex for me.
    DID you go into the folder where all the names of the apps where listed.. in that part of the foulder you should be able to hit the BB button and the option to delete is there for you to delete app you have highlighted.. i just did it myself.. so i know this can be done..
    Last edited by Rig415; 10-30-09 at 08:55 AM.
    10-30-09 08:52 AM

in fact you can hit the BB button any where on any of those screens.. the menu will pop up.. you go to delete... a window pops up that says: the selected Directory contains files. Are you sure you wish to delete the Directory... you select yes... Files will be delete... Not sure if a battery pull is necessary... but what the ****.. why not for the sake of it... good luck.. i know it will...
    10-30-09 09:01 AM

Nevermind... it is not working this time... when i did it last time.. i delete everything from the folder after deleteing BB app world... Not sure if that need to be done as well to get it to work this time... Sorry for not being any help what so ever... This is a little frustrating since i did get it to work for me before... I say delete BB app world and then go and delete the files manually from device mem.. see if that does the trick.. Sorry for all the trouble..
    10-30-09 09:14 AM
    Deleting App World won't work. It will come back when you reinstall. Here's the answer. Ready... Go to App World. Go to My World. Hold the ALT Key and press the letters rst (for reset) Then say bye bye!
    10-30-09 12:36 PM
    Oh yeah, you have to say "bye bye" or it won't work!
    10-30-09 12:47 PM
    ok ive went into the app world several times and selected to delete my archived apps but they will not go away and the icons are still on my home screen...help please
    10-30-09 12:53 PM
    Propa, check what I wrote above. Give it a go.
    10-30-09 12:56 PM
    Here's one - I dl'd and tried the FOX News app but didn't like it. Went into AppWorld and deleted it. Now, when I press the menu button and scroll to the bottom of the menu page there's the FOX News channel icon with a new headline. I highlight the icon, press the menu button and select "Delete Channel" and confrim delete. It disappears, but when FOX News sends out a new headline, the channel icon reappears with the new headline.

How do I kill this sucker? It doesn't chow up in AppWorld and it doesn't show up in Device memory>blackberry>appworld>downloads>your pin#>your apps. Grrrr!
    10-30-09 01:08 PM
    Now, this one is a bit different than just deleting an archived app world app as I mentioned above. Only one way to get rid of Fox. Ready... Gotta hit the icon once it comes up again, go to the link and somewhere down the bottom they ask you to "unsubscribe." I don't remember exactly where because I did it a few months back. Once you put in your email to unsubscribe, say bye bye... (Again, you need to actually say "bye bye" for it to work.) Good luck.
    10-30-09 01:13 PM
    you are a genius!
    10-30-09 01:14 PM
    Oh, please stop! Keep going! No stop! Go ahead! No no please.

Just glad I could help. I know how frustrating it was for me. glad it worked, my friend.
    10-30-09 01:22 PM
    Now, this one is a bit different than just deleting an archived app world app as I mentioned above. Only one way to get rid of Fox. Ready... Gotta hit the icon once it comes up again, go to the link and somewhere down the bottom they ask you to "unsubscribe." I don't remember exactly where because I did it a few months back. Once you put in your email to unsubscribe, say bye bye... (Again, you need to actually say "bye bye" for it to work.) Good luck.
    That wqas another method I tried initially. Couldn't find the unsubscribe link, though. Will look, again. Thanks for the suggestion.
    10-30-09 03:29 PM
    Yo Yo Yo Yo tour users hyjacking the thread with your physical keyboard banter... Those might be great instructions for you tour users.. or physical keyboard havers.. But it is no good for us storm users... which is what part of the Forums we are in... Storm 9500/9530 discussion.. But i gave it a shot.. By locking alt in and pressing RST.. Even threw the BYE-BYE in there at the end... never work.. made me sad.. Cause i realized ya'll were tour users.. Hyjaking our threads.. Did think the Bye-Bye was the ticket..
    10-30-09 09:01 PM
    thanks..was lookin for this answer
    11-01-09 03:30 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD