I've noticed on a lot of threads that people are wondering how to delete core applications such as Push to Talk(PTT), media net, blackberry messenger, etc. To delete any kind of applications on your blackberry just follow these easy steps.

1) Make sure you have Desktop Manager v4.5 installed on your PC
    2) If you didn't install your OS firmware from your PC visit the blackberry site and download your version onto your computer. Make sure you download the exact version that is currently on your phone (e.g. 4.5.0.152)
    3) Once the firmware is installed make sure your phone isn't connected to the desktop manager.
    4) Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\(version)\Java
    5) Java is the folder that contains all the .cod files that run your blackberry core applications. So for instance if you want to delete Push to Talk(PTT) look for the file name "net_rim_bb_phone_ptt_app.cod" and remove the file from the Java folder.
    6) After you remove the desired file plug your blackberry into the computer, connect to desktop manager, click add programs, and desktop manager should recognize that there is a extra file located in your blackberry.
    7) Click next so that desktop manager can remove the app
    8) You're done! Warning: You are deleting these files at your own risk. Do not delete anything that you don't what it is. Anyone who is familiar with the system32 in a PC knows that if you delete the wrong file it can ruin your OS.

Any questions let me know. Sorry for the long descriptive steps, but i just wanted to make it clear so everyone can understand.
    05-06-09 08:31 PM
    DLinares90 has done a good job summarizing the process. The CrackBerry Memory Optimization Procedure that's linked in my sig explains these steps in great detail. The CrackMem utility linked in my sig automates them, plus provides a roll-back capability in case you make a mistake.
    05-06-09 09:44 PM
    6) After you remove the desired file plug your blackberry into the computer, connect to desktop manager, click add programs, and desktop manager should recognize that there is a extra file located in your blackberry.
    7) Click next so that desktop manager can remove the app
    I removed net_rim_bb_phone_ptt_app.cod from C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\8300-v4.5.0.110_P2.7.0.90\Java

But Desktop manager doesn't show the extra file or list the Push to Talk Application.
    06-23-09 01:21 PM
    Um, on my Bold I click> Options then click> Advanced Options then click> Applications...then I scroll to whichever app I wish to delete...click the menu button and choose delete. Say bye-bye to app.
    Last edited by bumblesbounce; 06-23-09 at 02:00 PM.
    06-23-09 01:57 PM
    Um, on my Bold I click> Options then click> Advanced Options then click> Applications...then I scroll to whichever app I wish to delete...click the menu button and choose delete. Say bye-bye to app.
    Core applications are not listed there.
    06-23-09 08:01 PM
    Core applications are not listed there.
    BBM is listed there and can be deleted from that location...there's only one BB phone that I know of that has PTT; I don't have it so I'm not sure if that function is possible, but why would you buy a PTT phone and delete it?...and after looking I see that the BB Core Apps (although located there) can not be deleted.
    Last edited by bumblesbounce; 06-23-09 at 11:10 PM.
    06-23-09 11:07 PM
    AT&T has put it on all their blackberrys. However I know no one who uses this feature hence why I wanted to delete it.
    I didn't buy a push to talk phone, I bought a blackberry that came with it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-24-09 02:38 AM
    All ATT BB's come with the software or the hardware for PTT???
    My ATT Bold, 2 months old, has neither.
    Last edited by bumblesbounce; 06-24-09 at 12:31 PM.
    06-24-09 10:26 AM
    You can also install MaxMem from berrycoder.com to remove a lot of the junk.

I prefer CrackMem and CrackUtil.
    06-24-09 10:45 AM
    Crackmem didn't take it out either. It took it out on the PC, but the Blackberry still has it.

Apparently the time to take it out is at the next operating system upgrade, after installing the OS on the PC, before uploading it to the Blackberry.
    06-27-09 09:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD