I have recently managed to stream live radio successfully using Moodio. It works very well and I'm very impressed with the site, however all the time the radio is playing, the screen is lit up on full brightness.

Does anyone know how to get the screen to turn off? Unlike playing music from the device, when you're streaming from Moodio and you put the BB into the holster, or into standby, the streaming stops.
    09-23-08 08:52 AM
    I have recently managed to stream live radio successfully using Moodio. It works very well and I'm very impressed with the site, however all the time the radio is playing, the screen is lit up on full brightness.

Does anyone know how to get the screen to turn off? Unlike playing music from the device, when you're streaming from Moodio and you put the BB into the holster, or into standby, the streaming stops.
    I could be wrong, but i think that since it is a third party app and its constantly using data, then the phone will react to it like your actually using the phone. Even when not pressing anything.
    09-23-08 09:08 AM
    I don't mind the screen being on, I just don't want to cook it, if I leave the thing playing for a few hrs at a time.
    09-23-08 09:49 AM
    Yes I understand. I don't know what you would be able to do about that. Sorry I wasn't more help

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-23-08 09:52 AM
    Andy,
    That's the one million dollar question that I been looking for an answer to as well. Seems like noone wants to touch it with a 10 ft pole because it's RIM's Blackberry Player. Apparently, the player is not a priority to them.
    Not only the screen burn but waste the battery too and you can't even hoister the phone with Blackberry Media player playing a station.
    In every forum I bring this up the thread goes un-answered.
    09-23-08 11:56 AM
    I too would was wondering the same thing a few days ago. Doesnt seem there is a way for this
    09-23-08 10:19 PM
    Thats a shame. I haven't found any other way of streaming using the BB. I don't know for sure whether it would damage the screen being lit up for hours at a time? Anyone?
    09-24-08 05:11 AM
    try pressing and holding the mute button (on top).

that might put it in stand-by mode.
    09-24-08 05:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD