03-05-12 08:20 PM
39 12
tools
    Glad to hear the Kindle app works.
    I read the Torch won't do landscape mode if the keyboard is open. That means no space bar page down button for the Kindle app (I'm assuming it does landscape) or browsers.
    This is one of my favorite BB features. No swiping, tapping, or obscuring the page. Did I read right and anyone else wish RIM would correct this?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Landscape mode is not working for me, with/out the slider closed. I also tried opening the Kindle app while holding the phone in landscape mode, even then the book opened only in portrait.
    11-26-10 07:25 PM
    I have it installed on my BB Torch... Its definately compatible but the touch screen will not work.

- Charles
    11-26-10 08:53 PM
    Touch screen works for me with Kindle on the Torch. You can press the far right of the screen for next page or far left for previous page.
    11-26-10 10:23 PM
    I downloaded the Kindle app straight from Amazon's website without any problems. Touchscreen works like it is supposed to.
    11-26-10 10:30 PM
    http://www.amazon.com/kindlebb?t=cra...bUvbUpU5812907 works just fine for me. I had it on my Torch previosly and just rdownloaded it again to verify. I'm not sure why some are having issues.
    11-26-10 10:44 PM
    Yes, I can verify it works with the Torch on AT&T.

has anyone got this added to their Torch in the USA and AT&T? I would like to use this app to get some books on my torch. please advise with your feedback. Thank you.
    11-26-10 10:46 PM
    Mobipocket reader does landscape (which you can lock), pinch to zoom for font size.
    And works with all the kindle formatted books I've got...one of my all time fav apps.

11-27-10 02:02 AM
    Try going here from your phone:
    http://amazon.com/kindlebb?t=crackbe...bUvbUpU5813521

If that doesn't work, Amazon must not recognize BB's new browser.
    I just tried that and it worked fine for me. I'm using torch with stock os

11-27-10 08:02 AM
    Don't know why you're having problems, but I downloaded the kindle app to my torch and it runs fine.
    01-28-11 12:19 PM
    I have a Kindle. I downloaded the Kindle app to my Torch and when I open it I get my current Kindle content. When I try to open a book to read it on my Torch it says "downloading", the title leaves the list on the screen and I don't know where it's downloading to? Any help?
    02-16-11 01:31 PM
    It should download and show directly in the program. I have read about 10 books on my Torch so far using Kindle. It is great.
    02-16-11 01:38 PM
    i had this problem with my 8900, and finally fixed it by making sure my browser was identified as blackberry (not firefox, which it was set on for some reason or another). changed it, the download link worked great.
    03-23-11 11:16 PM
    Hi
    I am a Non-US user of Torch & have Kindle installed.
    How do I read the Kindle books which I have on my memory card.. I don't see any option to load books from memory card.
    Pl guide
    Thanks
    07-24-11 08:24 AM
    Just downloaded Kindle on my 9810. Working fine. Must have an Amazon account to sign in but after that all is well ENJOY........
    03-05-12 08:20 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD