I seem to be having issues lately with low application memory. I recently purchased my storm, probably about four monthes ago, but all of the sudden my memory drops below five daily. Anything i'm doing wrong? Thanks.
    08-12-09 09:35 PM
    Pull you battery. Download meterberry and quickpull that should help. And also if you use the search you mite find a lot of answers better than mine. Oh and download OS .151. Its the best so far with the memory issue.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-12-09 09:38 PM
    First of all, search the forums. But delete unwanted apps, games. And don't leave apps running, close them in menu->close no Red End Button

08-12-09 09:40 PM
    First of all, search the forums. But delete unwanted apps, games. And don't leave apps running, close them in menu->close no Red End Button

I forgot about the menu then close. Lol

08-12-09 09:43 PM
    You no longer have to delete your apps with the new app world. Just visit the blackberry site and they will explain how you can free up memory while retaining the apps you have, and download 500 more apps. It's called archiving. I know it's not perfect like having maga RAM, but you can archive apps to the1Gig on board storage and SD card. When app world is open, click on the my apps icon, then highlight app to be archived to SD card then hit blackberry menu button, there you will see the option to archive! Happy app downloading!
    08-12-09 09:53 PM
    You no longer have to delete your apps with the new app world. Just visit the blackberry site and they will explain how you can free up memory while retaining the apps you have, and download 500 more apps. It's called archiving. I know it's not perfect like having maga RAM, but you can archive apps to the1Gig on board storage and SD card. When app world is open, click on the my apps icon, then highlight app to be archived to SD card then hit blackberry menu button, there you will see the option to archive! Happy app downloading!
    Could you give a couple of concrete examples ? How long does it take to de-archive an app ?

Doctor Neutron
    08-12-09 10:00 PM
    Could you give a couple of concrete examples ? How long does it take to de-archive an app ?

Doctor Neutron
    depends, how long does your storm to reboot?
    08-12-09 10:03 PM

Doctor Neutron
    Well, A virgin archive can takes several seconds and a limited few archived apps will require a a reboot (not a battery pull) upon archive. After that, you can reinstall (which is uber faster than a reinstall OTA) to phone memory to run, a few seconds. Not as good as having a 1 gig RAM, but at least we have the option to clear the ram and not delete apps, while storing 1000s of apps. I recommend trying this on your phone to get a better example. Just open blackberry app world and click on the my apps icon, then menu, then archive. I know, can't wait until it gets better than having to archive an app for latter use to free up memory.
    08-12-09 10:10 PM
    depends, how long does your storm to reboot?
    Only a few apps require this. The same apps that make you reboot upon the first install to your phone. I archived 10 apps yesterday and had to reboot for only one. I know bro, it sucks, but its better than before by one step.
    08-12-09 10:14 PM
    I forgot about the menu then close. Lol

haha me to and i left so many things running then it'd freeze and id get mad and it was actually my fault
    08-12-09 11:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD