I know the answer will be easy, but I just wanted to see which apps are running .

Cheers.
    05-26-10 01:15 AM
    Press and hold the menu (BlackBerry) key. You can switch apps from this point too. Welcome to Crackberry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by dagda1; 05-26-10 at 01:19 AM.
    05-26-10 01:17 AM
    Lol cheers, I found that the other day but couldnt decide if it was just apps i'd used recently.
    05-26-10 01:19 AM
    It is good to check if you leave stuff running. Google maps stays running for example if you just escape and don't exit via menu.

05-26-10 01:23 AM
    Some apps will run in the background without showing their icon when you hold down the bb key.. ie. BerryWeather, Facebook, AppWorld, etc.

05-26-10 11:08 AM
    From within most apps you can also press the Menu key and select Switch Application. Using this you could, for instance, check or add a Calendar entry whilst on the phone.

Typically there are 5 apps runnig at all times
    • Home Screen
    • Browser
    • BBM
    You cannot close these apps. These ARE the BlackBerry.

Some apps will remain running if you exit them via the Escape key. Others will go away when you do this. It depends entirely on the app so it is a good idea to correctly exit apps by pressing the Menu key and selecting Close or Exit. You can verify that the app has closed via the Menu key each time so that you soon learn which apps can be killed with the escape key and which need to be exitted via the menu key.

Of course some apps, Google Maps for instance ar designed to run in the backgound so as to keep updating positional data. Here you have the choice of excaqping out and leaving it running or Menu key/Exiting out.

If you search about this forum using the Search menu, you will find at least one thread in this forum that examined this subject pretty much to death.
    05-26-10 11:22 AM
    Qaz jyopm\
    }<>}o7uh6ys2w
    05-26-10 08:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD