When I used my Credit Card on appstore last night to purchase an app, it was registerd under my BB's PIN.

I had to enter my email as it is the one associated with my credit card in my bank, that is why it was registered under my BB, and there i s no option to individually switch device for a device unless u switch all ur apps to that device.

I want to purchase an app for a friend here on CB...what would be the best way to do it?
    02-03-11 12:19 PM
    When I used my Credit Card on appstore last night to purchase an app, it was registerd under my BB's PIN.

I had to enter my email as it is the one associated with my credit card in my bank, that is why it was registered under my BB, and there i s no option to individually switch device for a device unless u switch all ur apps to that device.

I want to purchase an app for a friend here on CB...what would be the best way to do it?
    you can switch the PIN number associated with the app during the checkout process. but if you or the other person switches devices you cant switch over just that app unless you contact the developer.

another option is to set up another account that is not associated with your device.
    02-03-11 01:03 PM
    but if I do setup another account, and then while purchasing an app, I enter my email address, it would still link it to my existing account wouldn't it?
    02-03-11 01:13 PM
    not if the accounts are separate. use a different email account for it and what not so you dont have to change the PIN number for everything in your main account. i know a few people that do this since they buy apps for friends and family, they set up an account just for that PIN/ person. and a few people have several accounts.

i know it seems like a hassle but that is the only way i have figured out how to avoid the same problem you have.
    02-03-11 01:19 PM
    there is also the "send as E-gift" option on mobihand. i do not know how it works exactly since i never used it but that is another option.
    02-03-11 01:22 PM
    alright thanks alot for the tips dude
    02-03-11 01:45 PM
    I have gifted before on Mobihand, and have been gifted before. I had issues gifting someone, but had no issues receiving one from someone. It all worked out in the end though.
    02-03-11 03:52 PM
    Is the gifting update for the App World that was announced by RIM available yet? I havent seen anything on the store that would allow me to send an app as a gift to someone. Has anyone?
    05-07-11 12:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD