hello folks, just got my bold a couple days before and im loving it. the only thing confused me is the weather icon. the icon shows up after i picked a city from weather setup which comes with bb apps. somehow i dont wanna use this function anymore because it uses data when im out off a wifi area. BUT everytime i deleted the weather icon, after a few mins its shows up again! how can i delete this weather icon completely? thx!
    Last edited by mrisa; 12-17-08 at 01:26 AM.
    12-17-08 01:24 AM
    From what I've read here, you can't. But I could be dead wrong about that. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. You could hide it, though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-17-08 01:45 AM
    Some icons you cant delete because they will reappear it hads to do with the carrier ATT does with a lot of apps. Its easier to just hide it.
    12-17-08 01:49 AM
    on rogers it is an app that can't be deleted . i have made an unused app folder in my BOLD and just hid it .
    carrier based apps are things we have to deal with because they get big monsy from the companies to almmost "force it on you " but good thing the bb lets you hide anything .
    12-17-08 02:11 AM
    It's one of those apps from the service books.

I highly doubt it uses that much data anyway, then again I know how Rogers limits your data and how precious it can be.
    12-17-08 07:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD