I never actually dowloaded the apps for facebook or myspace on my 8320, they came w the phone. Since i dont have the app on my bb, i wonder why the icons still show?

When i click on the icon it prompts to a site where i can download the apps. The thing is, i dont want either, and i dont want the icons to appear on my screen.

i have tried deleting them using the desktop manager but they wont show up on the list of apps since i dont actually have the app just the icons.
    I have also tried deleting them on the list of app from the phone under the "applications" menu but they dont show up there anymore.

recently i upgraded my OS (4.5) and they were still there!

i just 'hide' the icons but since they are still there i wonder if theyre taking up any space or if there is a way that i can get rid of them?
    12-01-09 09:43 PM
    hmm... good question. in a roundabout way I guess you could load and then delete them but that is kind of round about. the icons must be taking up a little bit of space though, because there's a graphic and a link. Probably just a couple kb though.
    12-01-09 09:48 PM
    If you didnt install them, you will have to hide them, uninstalled they dont take up space, they are service books pushed by your carrier, if you delete them, next push or when you resend your service books, they will reappear, or even after a battery pull.. hide them, out of sight out of mind.
    12-01-09 09:50 PM

atomicdog, i tried that just now but the icons are still there... i suppose "out of mind out of sight" will have to do and i'll just hide the apps. thanks guys
    12-01-09 10:32 PM
    hey good news, i finally figured out how to delete those icons... if anyone has the same problem:

Go to options / advanced options / service book / check for the respective unwanted app, then press menu / delete.

i also did this to get rid of an old blackberry account i used w my old SIM card.

:-)
    im a happy camper now
    12-02-09 11:56 PM
    12-03-09 12:01 AM
    BUT, like I stated, next time you have your service books resent, or the carrier pushes them, they will reappear
    12-03-09 07:10 AM
    BUT, like I stated, next time you have your service books resent, or the carrier pushes them, they will reappear
    Not if you use Crackmem. The apps checked off really are deleted. The other carrier pushed items not in the Crackmem will reappear.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-03-09 03:03 PM
    its a service book.. you cant permantly delete those
    12-03-09 03:13 PM
    Rachel is correct, the best you can do is hide the icons or put them in a folder. They will re-appear as she stated above...
    12-03-09 03:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD