I got latest version of Facebook installed (1.6) and I just want to know if there is a way to break the link between my contacts and Facebook. I hate the fact that it's downloaded their pictures and replaced all (80+) that I've put in and also copying in their work info which mostly doesn't match what I had in the first place.

I've tried to simply edit the contact and go down to the Facebook field but there's nothing that can be done, you can't delete their Facebook name or anything, instead the damn app gives you the options to write on the person's wall, send a message or poke them.... wtf man.

Now right off the bat, some people might say, "Hey man, there are topics on this already!" You're right but I've spent the past 4 hours looking through them all and everytime someone hijacks it, taking the topic in a different direction and the question never gets answered.

All I want to know is, is there a way to break the link between my contacts and Facebook without uninstalling the app? If yes, please share, I'm sure there are others who are dying to know.
    08-07-09 09:46 AM
    when in the FB app you have to go to options and uncheck that option. I had to do this with the calendar sync. it was annoying!
    08-07-09 10:12 AM
    the specific wording is "blackberry contacts application". There is also a specific option to sync your pics. Uncheck that as well. It says "update exisiting photos in your BB contacts list with facebook friend profile photos" I'm afraid that after you uncheck these, you'll have to manually change each picture to the one your originally had.
    08-07-09 10:15 AM
    1. Open Facebook app
    2. Friends Tab
    3. Scroll down to FB connected contact (indicated by a adressbook icon)
    4. Blackberry button
    5. "Disconnect from Blackberry Contact"
    6. Save if prompted
    08-07-09 11:12 AM
    Thanks for trying to help cacharelg but KINetics hit it right on the head, exactly what I was looking for! Thanks again!!
    08-09-09 12:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD