We have seen how to replace the data in the recovery, but if you want to add to existing data in the BB? Let me explain, let's say there are backups in the past that I would like to restore the data, the DM makes me just replace the data, but not add, how can you do? Thanks in advance.
    just follow the guide for wiping your device and installing the device software, then after the software is loaded open Desktop Manager and restore any previous backup you've made. If you've loaded software before AppLoader will also have made a backup which you can restore with the same method as manual backups. With your device plugged in, open Desktop Manager and click the Device tab, then Restore if using Desktop Manager 6; if using Deskto Manager 5 press Backup/Restore.
    12-05-10 11:00 AM
    just follow the guide for wiping your device and installing the device software, then after the software is loaded open Desktop Manager and restore any previous backup you've made. If you've loaded software before AppLoader will also have made a backup which you can restore with the same method as manual backups. With your device plugged in, open Desktop Manager and click the Device tab, then Restore if using Desktop Manager 6; if using Deskto Manager 5 press Backup/Restore.

I did not mean this in the various backups done, I realized that some data has been copied several times, so I would combine the old backup with new backups.
    12-05-10 05:33 PM
    I did not mean this in the various backups done, I realized that some data has been copied several times, so I would combine the old backup with new backups.
    In that case follow instructions as posted, and instead of clicking full restore, do a selective restore. This will allow you to choose only what you want to restore, such as contacts from your last backup and browser config from a backup made prior to that, or whatever you want to restore. Assuming said backups exist, of course.
    12-05-10 07:28 PM
    Maybe my English is not the best, and then I can not understand me, it is clear to me how to make full and selective backup and restore, but I do not know how you can do to integrate old backup with new ones, as the DM substitutes and not complements, if we take the example of the SMS, DM I replace the entire folder but I will not integrate with older ones. I hope I was clear, thank you.
    12-06-10 04:17 AM
    Maybe my English is not the best, and then I can not understand me, it is clear to me how to make full and selective backup and restore, but I do not know how you can do to integrate old backup with new ones, as the DM substitutes and not complements, if we take the example of the SMS, DM I replace the entire folder but I will not integrate with older ones. I hope I was clear, thank you.
    Apologies, I think I'm understanding what you want now; you want to combine older data from previous backup(s) with newer data without erasing anything. I've never tried this myself, so I can't guarantee success but here's a couple links you can check out to see if it will get you what you want.

merging two backup files

Re: How Can I Combine SMS Messages from Previous Backups?
    12-06-10 08:46 AM
    I try tonight, thanks for the advice.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-06-10 09:35 AM
    When DM backs up your data, does it also back up all of your Password Keeper information? If I lost this data, I'd be screwed!

Also, I use Pocket Informant heavily for my tasks/to-do list. When I back up my 3rd Party Apps, will it automatically back up all of the data within those apps or must I do something else to save that data?

I apologize if I posted this in the wrong thread, but you obviously know what you're doing and I am just too darned old to think all of this stuff through anymore.

Thanks in advance!
    12-15-10 09:04 AM
    When DM backs up your data, does it also back up all of your Password Keeper information? If I lost this data, I'd be screwed!

Also, I use Pocket Informant heavily for my tasks/to-do list. When I back up my 3rd Party Apps, will it automatically back up all of the data within those apps or must I do something else to save that data?

I apologize if I posted this in the wrong thread, but you obviously know what you're doing and I am just too darned old to think all of this stuff through anymore.

Thanks in advance!
    Password keeper entries will be backed up if you use Desktop Manager; not sure about Pocket Informant. There's a few 3rd party apps that get their data backed up with the rest of your user settings in Desktop Manager, Opera Mini is one of those for instance. Also some apps have a setting for backing up to memory card but I don't know if Pocket Informant does.
    12-15-10 10:26 AM
    This is great I wish there were 2 separate ones though for each: one for DM and another for BBSAK,

thanks for the hard work!
    12-17-10 06:03 PM
    If only DM6 would restore all my BBM groups...
    12-18-10 12:33 AM
    Awesome read, send all my friends to this thread.
    12-20-10 05:45 PM
    It seems a lot of people are still having issues upgrading os's, backing up and restoring data and apps. Here is a guide to hopefully help with some of that. This applies to ALL Blackberry devices and you can use all of the guide or part of it. There are some other guides but here is mine. All you CB old timers feel free to let me know if you have anything to add. I recommend all new BB users to read this whole guide before messing with your OS.

Part 1 - Back up data using DM6
    Part 2 - Back up apps with DM6
    Part 3 - Back up apps with BBSAK
    Part 4 - Wiping your device with BBSAK (optional)
    Part 5 - Installing OS to PC and ugrading device
    Part 6 - Reinstall apps using DM6
    Part 7 - Reinstall apps using BBSAK
    Part 8A - Full restore data using DM6
    Part 8B - Advanced restore data using DM6

Future parts might include BBMCP, CrackUtil and/or CrackMem. Thanks "Genomos" for reminding me about these programs
    upgraded my Tour for the first time with your help....... Thanks for the post
    07-29-11 06:34 AM
    Is there any way to restore all apps from the app_world\downloads\PIN folder on microsd card ?

Had a windows update reboot during during BB OS upgrade process and though i restored backup from DM, I realized i had not backed up the apps

The app_world folder has all my apps but the files are *.cod.rem

EDIT:
    OK, found the 'pin' folder with all app cods in windows %temp%. Importing it now through DM. Whew !
    Last edited by ami1; 08-12-11 at 11:39 AM.
    08-12-11 11:28 AM
    It seems a lot of people are still having issues upgrading os's, backing up and restoring data and apps. Here is a guide to hopefully help with some of that. This applies to ALL Blackberry devices and you can use all of the guide or part of it. There are some other guides but here is mine. All you CB old timers feel free to let me know if you have anything to add. I recommend all new BB users to read this whole guide before messing with your OS.

Part 1 - Back up data using DM6
    Part 2 - Back up apps with DM6
    Part 3 - Back up apps with BBSAK
    Part 4 - Wiping your device with BBSAK (optional)
    Part 5 - Installing OS to PC and ugrading device
    Part 6 - Reinstall apps using DM6
    Part 7 - Reinstall apps using BBSAK
    Part 8A - Full restore data using DM6
    Part 8B - Advanced restore data using DM6

Future parts might include BBMCP, CrackUtil and/or CrackMem. Thanks "Genomos" for reminding me about these programs
    I assume all of these directions still apply after almost a full year when this was posted? I am going to install an OS and do not want to brick my phone in the process.
    10-01-11 10:46 AM
    I assume all of these directions still apply after almost a full year when this was posted? I am going to install an OS and do not want to brick my phone in the process.
    BBOS has changed very little over the years, just adding functionality and options; it's still JVM underneath and this is more or less the process we all use.
    10-01-11 05:41 PM
    You should change the OP to include the new, second vendor.xml file.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk
    10-01-11 08:42 PM
    I have a blackberry 9300 ,
    I am also new to Crackberry ,
    I have tried to search on Google on how to restore files on my blackberry 9300 curve , I'm looking for an easiet most straight forward answer ,

I had over more than 200+ contacts on my bbm , luckily i backed it up , when i do connect my BB to my computer i have various files with dates of when I backed up my bbm files
    I have the latest bbm.con file saved on my bb but it wont restore on my BBM app when I select restore contacts.
    but there is a BBM.con file.

also , I just recently backed up my contacts .
    I am getting a new blackberry tommorow ,
    bottom line is
    I want to know if this BBM.con file is the backup contact list for my BBM. or do i have to add everyone manually again

quick replays would be truly appreiciated ,
    10-31-11 11:25 PM
    Hi guys, I am trying to install this new OS and for some reasons it's not detecting the installed OS on my computer ... I tried loading OS with bbsak and it says no OS installed so I tried doing it directly from the apploder and once I reach the part where you are suppose to choose what you want to install on the phone the list is just blank and it's telling me that there isnt an os installed ... someone please help me as I am still on error 507 screen ... ImageShack� - Online Photo and Video Hosting
    01-17-12 10:20 PM
    Hi guys, I am trying to install this new OS and for some reasons it's not detecting the installed OS on my computer ... I tried loading OS with bbsak and it says no OS installed so I tried doing it directly from the apploder and once I reach the part where you are suppose to choose what you want to install on the phone the list is just blank and it's telling me that there isnt an os installed ... someone please help me as I am still on error 507 screen ... ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

If you have Windows Vista or 7 you need to run BBSAK and apploader with admin privileges - right click and choose "Run as administrator".

Also after running the device software installer make sure to reboot your PC.

If you have a Mac and are seeing that, you're on your own.
    01-17-12 11:03 PM
    I recently upgraded a couple of apps on my bb and now would like to go back to their previous versions which I had backed up with DM6, following the steps noted in this thread. Must I first delete the version already on my phone or can I overwrite it with the previous version?
    02-03-12 01:16 PM
    I recently upgraded a couple of apps on my bb and now would like to go back to their previous versions which I had backed up with DM6, following the steps noted in this thread. Must I first delete the version already on my phone or can I overwrite it with the previous version?
    I'd delete it first. It may overwright successfully, but deleting it prior to downgrading is safer.
    02-03-12 01:30 PM
    will this process work for the current versions of DM and new models of BB?
    i have a Curve 9360 that i want to upgrade to 7.1 and most of the tutorials i've seen
    were created in 2010.
    04-01-12 01:13 AM
    tried this using DM6 on my mac. The data backup went fine however the 3rd party app backup went a little differently. It took about 5 min and i got some kind of message saying that some files could not be backed up and ask if I wanted to continue. I said yes and the next screen said something about restoring continuing so I hit stop and took the phone loose. I'll have to try this on my windows XP machine when I get a little more time.
    04-03-12 11:18 AM
    just wanted to let everyone know that I drug out my windows xp machine this morning and went through the steps in this guide. Also would like to mention that I am using DM version 7.0.0.43. Everything went perfect right down the line. I also used BBSAK to back up my apps so I got two backups of those. I had a little hard time finding the backup file at that point of the guide to copy it over to my desktop for safe keeping but I chalked that up to me using XP instead of Vista or win7. all in all a good experience. Thanks for this write up
    04-04-12 09:46 AM
    HELP my blackberry 9700 won't load, goes through restart and then I get a white screen with an error message
    10-05-12 03:18 PM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD