The blackberry podcast list is limited. This may be a stupid question, but how can I add podcasts to the BlackBerry Podcast App? I can't seem to figure it out... There used to be an option to add a podcast url but that seems to have disappeared..

Thanks for any help
    08-28-10 10:39 PM
    The help says it is in the BB Menu of the PodCast app's main screen IF the version of PodCast app you are running supports it. Apparently mine does not and for some reason I cannot update the app off the RIM website. It say my device does not meet the minimum requirements. What happens if you search the URL?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-28-10 11:36 PM
    when you have the podcast open use your menu key scroll down to add podcast channel enter the url;
    08-28-10 11:44 PM
    I figured it out. To update the PC app, I had to be on 3G vs WiFi. The latest version then will install. On first launch it takes you into the app. In the BB Menu choose Explore PodCasts. Accepth the EULA and then once inside the BB Menu has "add podcast channel".

08-28-10 11:50 PM
    I know the "add podcast channel" option was the way to add channels when I had my BB Bold.. but it is non existant on the Torch..!?
    I do not even see that option anymore.. Am i missing something or does any other Torch user not have it either?
    08-29-10 01:04 AM
    Yes. I explained it above.

08-29-10 01:08 AM
    I figured it out. To update the PC app, I had to be on 3G vs WiFi. The latest version then will install. On first launch it takes you into the app. In the BB Menu choose Explore PodCasts. Accepth the EULA and then once inside the BB Menu has "add podcast channel".

I was not able to find "add podcast channel" in the explore podcasts menu
    08-29-10 09:52 AM
    Are you running the latest version? While on the Mobility Network, check vo updates within the PC options.

08-29-10 10:36 AM
    Nevermind. I find it.. Apparently, the Torch doesn't come loaded with the latest and greatest version of the Podcast App... After updating, the "add podcast channel" appeared. Thanks all for the help..
    08-29-10 10:39 AM
    Are you running the latest version? While on the Mobility Network, check vo updates within the PC options.

No i was not.. Thank you for your help
    08-29-10 10:40 AM
    No problem!

08-29-10 12:24 PM
    Thank you for figuring this out! I spent quite a bit of time trying to get the podcasts to work, and was stymied because I kept thinking it only worked on
    wifi, so I was turning on and off my 3G but not turning off wifi. How stupid is it that you can only update the app if you are NOT on wifi?!? Works now. Thanks again.

-ts-
    ichat likes this.
    09-10-10 06:25 PM
    Np

09-10-10 06:35 PM
    great post shansmi. I was trying to figure this out myself for the longest. This simple move solved the problem. Man I love this blackberrry..uh hum...excuse me...this Crackberry community
    09-11-10 09:20 AM
    Awesome! Glad to help.

09-11-10 10:05 AM
    Hey i tried to download the latest version of blackberry podcast by turning my wifi on and turning off my wifi.. in both the ways.. i am trying to download it from blackberry . com/podcasts but it says your device doesnt meet the minimum system requirements.. i am downloading on 6.0.0.380 on my bold 9700.. i have a 2g networl... plz help... thanks in advance..
    12-11-10 09:29 PM
    hey i am not able to download the blackberry podcast from blackberry . c o m .. in both the ways that is by turning on wifi and by turning off as well.. it says that ur device doesnt meet minimum system requirements.. please help.. i have a 2g network .. and os 6.0.0.380.. i am trying to download it on my bold 9700
    12-11-10 09:32 PM
    What is crackberry`s podcast URL?

07-25-11 09:12 AM
    This link is for podcast as it is not available in some countries but in US and CANADA of that I know
    BlackBerry - Podcast App - Get BlackBerry Podcasts on your Smartphone - US
    08-20-13 12:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD