Does anyone know? I was looking at the forecast for today and it said P.O.P. 90% which I'm taking to mean there's a 90% chance of rain. But weather.com gives us a 50% chance of rain and accuweather just says thunderstorms.

Has anyone noticed this? Is there a more reliable weather source for our phone? I don't mind going on a website instead of downloading an application but I'd like to know what's happening!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-05-08 06:30 AM
    For a website, I really like Weather Underground. Both on PC and BB.
    Weather Underground (Mobile) - Mobile
    Welcome to Weather Underground : Weather Underground - Standard

As for an app, I still use BBWeather.
    Last edited by Chaz; 05-05-08 at 06:35 AM.
    05-05-08 06:33 AM
    It wasn't very reliable for me b/c there was no close city. I use the weather app in pocket express - LOVE it.
    05-05-08 06:35 AM
    on my side it works just fine.. winnipeg is not a big city though
    05-05-08 07:21 AM
    WeatherEye is good for quick look, but not very detailed--fine for some people. I still have it loaded and use it, but as was said, BBweather has better detail and I also use the Mobile weatherunderground site for quick radar and a very detailed current conditions and forecast.

05-05-08 07:33 AM
    Oh groovy, that mobile weather underground site is definitely very detailed! Thanks, I'm going to use it from now on!
    05-05-08 07:42 AM
    It's limited to major cities only, I didn't like it...Think I'll stick to BBWeather.

05-05-08 08:25 AM
    Oh groovy, that mobile weather underground site is definitely very detailed! Thanks, I'm going to use it from now on!
    You're quite welcome and yes - for a quick check, BBWeather is great, but Weather Underground is fantastic for getting a lot of detailed info.
    05-05-08 08:46 AM
    I've ran into the same problem since I live in a very small town, I've been using Weather Bug Direct just because it gives me 2 home screen icons for the temp and forecast outside. Plus it lets me pick where I get my weather information from, in my town I had about 8-10 different choices. They say they have 1000's of weather stations around the USA so it might be worth a look into. Plus when you get into it, it gives you animated radars, and weekly forecasts.

But that's just my opinion, the convenience of the home screen icons and pushed weather alerts make me happy .
    Last edited by SteveO86; 05-05-08 at 09:32 AM.
    05-05-08 09:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD