How accurate are fitness apps in measuring how many calories you've burnt? I was walking outside for 1 hour, and according to my miCoach app I burnt 265 calories, which sounds too good to be true considering I didn't even break a sweat.
    04-25-11 04:21 PM
    Not sure about the accuracy of the claories burned are but MyFitnessPal is an ap worth looking at.
    It's free at BB App World.
    Works great in conjunction with the desktop web site access.

Good Luck
    04-25-11 08:03 PM
    Calorie burning is based on estimates. There's thousands of variables, and it's gonna be different for everyone.
    04-25-11 11:08 PM
    How accurate are fitness apps in measuring how many calories you've burnt? I was walking outside for 1 hour, and according to my miCoach app I burnt 265 calories, which sounds too good to be true considering I didn't even break a sweat.
    If you set it right, it should be good. An hour-long walk for me burned 242 calories, according to miCoach - this was in the sun, taking about 11 minutes for every kilometer, in a slightly-hilly area. My Nike pedometer counted 247, while the only advantage it has is heart rate data. Overall, I'd say that's pretty awesome, consider miCoach is free.

miCoach has also tracked my more-intense workouts accurately, so I'd say it's decent. My area has great GPS reception, though, so maybe that's it?
    04-30-11 05:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD