I got the Curve 8530. Switched from the 8330. Now my hotmail takes 10-15 minutes on average to receive while my gmail is within seconds. On my old curve the hotmail was instant. Any advice?
    04-18-10 07:47 AM
    This is the same with me, I hate that hotmail comes late.
    I would like it instantly.
    04-18-10 08:02 AM
    Log in to your your carriers BIS site, delete the hotmail account, and re-add it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-18-10 08:03 AM
    did you switch BIS accounts when you did it? anyway this should fix it:

Hotmail indeed has PUSH and it works very well. Though it isnt push from when it is first added to your BIS.
    First add your hotmail to your BIS. it doesnt matter if you do this from your phone or a computer.
    THEN
    You have to log into your BIS account from a computer, NOT the blackberry mail config client on the phone.
    then, again being logged into your BIS from your computer, click edit on your hotmail accout. There is an option to switch protocol on your hotmail account. This switches it from POP (bad 15 min polling) to IMAP (push).
    Hope that fixes the problem some of you are having.
    its from this thread.
    04-18-10 08:05 AM
    I tried to do that but when I registered for BIS on the computer I got a message saying that I could not do it and I had to do it from my phone? Advice?
    04-18-10 08:12 AM
    But what If we can't log on to the BIS account?
    I don't know the information?
    04-18-10 08:19 AM
    can you get into email settings? that uses the same username and password as your BIS website login. If you can't get into there you could try Options - Advanced - Host Routing Table - Menu - Register Now. but i dont know if that will work or not.

if you can't get that to work you will need to call your service provider and get them to check and make sure you are setup properly on their BIS, then follow the process i linked in my prior post.
    04-18-10 08:20 AM
    I set up my username & password.
    Now, I try to change protocol & It just pops up with a thing that says...

The Mobile Services Protocol provided by Microsoft� adds support for real-time message delivery and reconciliation of opened and unopened messages from your device to your email account. These features are not supported by POP.

When using the Mobile Services Protocol provided by Microsoft� you will be required to log in to this site and retype your password every 360 days. Some actions will not be supported for messages already on your device (for example, reply, forward, and view attachments). Are you sure you want to change the protocol?
    Then I click Save & It Says...

Email account successfully updated.
    It doesn't seem faster...(The Email)
    04-18-10 09:20 AM
    you changed it to the imap and its still slow? i don't know what to tell ya i did that for my @live.com(hotmail's other domain) email and it works great.

may want to try removing it totally and then add the email back in BIS again.
    04-18-10 10:14 AM
    Menu � Setup folder � Email Settings � Highlight the email account u want � Menu Button � Edit � Advance Options Tab � Change Protocol � Then Accept. Now your Berry is synced with your Hotmail account. Hope this helped!

04-18-10 10:52 AM
    Thanks - didn't realize there was something I could do to speed up hotmail inbox

04-18-10 12:15 PM
    I can get to the advanced options but from there I do not see a change protocol button. The only things I can change is the email server (which is currently set at pop3.live.com), and the "use ssl" option which is currently checked. Please advise? Thanks.
    04-18-10 12:22 PM
    Make a blackberry e-mail, it will be instant. I don't use any other mail except for my [email protected] address.
    04-18-10 12:37 PM
    Well as far I know it may only be available on the 5.0 update haven't tried this on the older updates :O

04-18-10 01:40 PM
    Yeah I tried the change protocol thing a while ago, and my hotmail was still delayed. So I just gave up.
    04-19-10 12:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD