I am coming from the perspective of a person who owns a 9650 eligible for for an upgrade.

The Bold Touch is surely the ultimate blackberry. I am tempted to use my upgrade on it. But for all the hardware improvements, I fear the only thing that will be improved is the GUI. If the 9650 had a touchscreen, OS 6 would defiantly be a better experience. But honestly, I can zip around it fast with the touch-pad.

So I really hope that all the hardware improvements amount to more than the panes switching just a tad more smooth. If the new SDK for OS 7 really allow for better apps I will be thrilled assuming developers take advantage of it.

This form factor has so much potential. I really wish Palm made this phone instead of the Pixi when they had a chance. I still think it would make for an amazing phone if HP was smart enough.
    04-29-11 02:42 AM
    Its not just the hardware thats holding the apps back, its the OS as well. This isn't the new OS. This is still the aging BlackBerry OS with QNX phones hopefully coming out this time next year. That is when the quality of apps will be better.
    04-29-11 12:14 PM
    man i really hope this gets a big performance boost. after seeing reviews and some videos of the galaxy sII, i'm slightly swayed right now.. i love my bb and especially the messaging aspect, but damn.. that thing looks good
    04-29-11 12:37 PM
    The hardware isn't the reason developers don't care about Blackberry, that's for sure.
    04-29-11 02:35 PM
    i think blackberry got this one right!! hopefully no glitches
    04-30-11 09:49 PM
    We still haven't seen any videos of the Bold touch (or for that matter the Monaco) browsing the web...am curious to see how fast pages render etc.
    04-30-11 10:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD