Hi. Currently have a BB 8520 version 8520/5.0.0.592. I know you can set up 'do not call from home screen' and set certain keyboard buttons to open apps. Example 'B' opens browser. My question is, is there a way to set each key to do this? Can I set the 'F' key for facebook or the 'T' key for twitter etc? The reason is because my trackpad is not working and I want to still be able to use most of my functions from the home screen using letters as shortcuts to apps. If you can help, and if this is possible, please reply. Great appreciated. Jade...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-03-11 01:53 PM
    Not that I know of, but it would be nice!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-04-11 06:52 AM
    Hotkeys can be programmed in applications themselves, or they can be added into themes. For example, in my theme (Leebo), the following hotkeys are programmed:

G - Google Maps
    S - Universal Search
    Z - Clock
    O - Profiles
    $ - SMS
    W - Toggle weather slot visibility (W also launches BeWeather; this shortcut is programmed into the app itself)

I'm a keyboard shortcut nut. I finally started messing around with Theme Builder for OS5 and created my own minimal theme chock full of all the keyboard shortcuts I like to use. I'm now running BB6, and Leebo happened to provide a nice alternative that matched many of of my preferred hotkeys. QuickLaunch takes care of the rest.

Theme Builder is free. Download it, grab a few of the BB simulators, and start messing around with it. It's very easy to modify the stock default theme with a bunch of hotkeys. You don't have to be a graphic designer to do this.
    04-04-11 09:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD