I am using 5 Beta on 8330 Curve, it has slight 2sec delay between me clicking trackball and browser responding. I also can't figure out how to type text (when replying to yahoo emails), it just gives me cursor and most of the keyboard is basically Opera shortcuts....can't type any text. I can type fine into browser address fields, google quick search, bookmarks, etc. Thanks for any help. Only started using it after native browser threw Error 503 on both web sites I use for email (corporate webmail and yahoo)...
    01-23-10 02:36 PM
    Has anybody installed Opera Mini5 Beta 2 version on a Storm2?

Cannot download this app. directly to my phone. Just says not tested for for your version. Tried the PC route also without sucess.

Suggestions appreciated.
    http://bit.ly/7V5aN2
    01-23-10 04:55 PM
    I wouldn't go quite that far.
    well,DONT then,but i guess you have got to get your post count up one way or the other.nobodys twisting your arm to use it are they?
    When I come across someone with a low post count who's submits negative posts that don't actually add anything to the conversation and have no substance, I search their prior posts in an effort to give them the benefit of the doubt.

I did so with TheOne01, and lo and behold; he's a troll, pure and simple. Virtually from post 1 (or should I say from post 01) he's been bashing RIM and BB with one liners and a gratuitous use of while occasionally playing up the Droid.

I regret acknowledging him in the first place.
    01-23-10 05:16 PM
    Has anybody installed Opera Mini5 Beta 2 version on a Storm2?

Cannot download this app. directly to my phone. Just says not tested for for your version. Tried the PC route also without sucess.

Suggestions appreciated.
    I downloaded it today OTA, I got the same message telling me it was not specifically verified that it would work but I did it anyway and it has been working fine.
    01-23-10 08:05 PM
    When I come across someone with a low post count who's submits negative posts that don't actually add anything to the conversation and have no substance, I search their prior posts in an effort to give them the benefit of the doubt.

I did so with TheOne01, and lo and behold; he's a troll, pure and simple. Virtually from post 1 (or should I say from post 01) he's been bashing RIM and BB with one liners and a gratuitous use of while occasionally playing up the Droid.

Well said! But do you really think that I give a f*ck about a post count? I bash RIM because its easy. Trust me, if this thing wasnt provided to me free of charge, I wouldn't have it. Droid is a nice phone though.
    01-23-10 08:42 PM
    Seeing the title, I got excited thinking it was out of beta.
    lol...same here
    01-23-10 08:49 PM
    Love Opera Mini but I can't wait to see how Skyfire is...
    01-23-10 08:54 PM
    I really like it also!
    01-23-10 09:19 PM
    Yeah, it's pretty quick. I can't seem to get the pointer to work well at all though. Not even sure how it's supposed to work.
    I've been using this for a while now for certain sites and this is a problem I too am yet to figure out. The BB browser doesn't work for my online banking, while opera works until I get to the point I need to use the pointer to check a box. For me though this is really the only drawback I've come across and (I'm hoping) maybe someone can answer here on how to use it.
    01-23-10 11:40 PM
    I've been using this for a while now for certain sites and this is a problem I too am yet to figure out. The BB browser doesn't work for my online banking, while opera works until I get to the point I need to use the pointer to check a box. For me though this is really the only drawback I've come across and (I'm hoping) maybe someone can answer here on how to use it.
    Try this it has worked for me. Hopefully it'll give you a good result.

-Hover the pointer over the box that you wish to select and instaed of pressing the trackball/ pad to "enter" press the enter key on the keypad instead.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-24-10 01:39 AM

Well said! But do you really think that I give a f*ck about a post count? I bash RIM because its easy. Trust me, if this thing wasnt provided to me free of charge, I wouldn't have it. Droid is a nice phone though.
    Anyway, trolling along now.
    01-24-10 07:21 AM
    Try this it has worked for me. Hopefully it'll give you a good result.

-Hover the pointer over the box that you wish to select and instaed of pressing the trackball/ pad to "enter" press the enter key on the keypad instead.

I can't get the pointer to move if I touch the screen at all to try to move it it goes away

01-25-10 11:58 AM
62 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD