i sent multiple invites and received three but only used one so i have two left. pm me for the two. i will give them to the first two ppl who respond just to be fair.
    08-05-09 07:44 AM
    I requested las week and got my invite this morning. HOWEVER, I also started following @socialscope on twitter and asked for an invite via DM. Dunno which one worked but asking via twitter can't hurt.
    08-05-09 08:05 AM
    I wonder how many people are left who don't have invites, particularly those who've been waiting for months. The invites seem to be speeding up now. I got my second last night. Less than 2 days since my first.
    08-05-09 08:40 AM
    yeah got my invite last night, i put in a request yesterday morning , very nice!!
    08-05-09 09:41 AM
    I requested an invite and less than 5 minutes later I had one, no joke. I just did this too...
    08-05-09 12:43 PM
    I requested an invite and less than 5 minutes later I had one, no joke. I just did this too...
    Same for meeee dudee

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-05-09 12:46 PM
    I requested an invite last night..got it today early in the morning...

Now I'm liking it except I can see the trending topics...at least I cant see it... Can someone see these on ss?
    08-05-09 01:37 PM
    Requested yesterday, just woke up, invite waiting for me

08-05-09 01:59 PM
    Hopefully these quick invites mean they are about to release the big update they announced 3 weeks ago.
    I have been using SS for about 5 months and really like it but the items listed in the update will definitely make it the best social media app.
    08-05-09 02:09 PM
    I requested an invite last night..got it today early in the morning...

Now I'm liking it except I can see the trending topics...at least I cant see it... Can someone see these on ss?
    Not only can I not see the trending (annoying), I can't click on someone's twitter name and see their timeline like I can in Uber. I downloaded it Monday, and I'm going to give it until this Monday. Not sure if I'm going to stay with it.
    08-06-09 05:05 PM
    Not only can I not see the trending (annoying), I can't click on someone's twitter name and see their timeline like I can in Uber. I downloaded it Monday, and I'm going to give it until this Monday. Not sure if I'm going to stay with it.
    No one can send trending topics yet. That's on the new UI, which hasn't been released.

And to see someone's timeline, you should be able to click menu, go down to "go to twitter user" and type in their username, and click "recent updates."

Be patient and play with it a lot. There's a lot of features that take some getting used to.

08-06-09 08:41 PM
    I know, but a lot of times I don't have 2 hands available to do that (nope, not driving), and there are some times I don't want to go through all that.
    08-06-09 09:00 PM
    I know, but a lot of times I don't have 2 hands available to do that (nope, not driving), and there are some times I don't want to go through all that.
    Well if you're trying to view it straight from your main timeline, then just click the tweet to open, click the username that's already highlighted at the very top, then click the "recent updates" box.

Any other complaints make it sound like personal problems and nothing to do with the app, tbh.

08-07-09 12:22 PM
    Any other complaints make it sound like personal problems and nothing to do with the app, tbh.

well, yeah. I would assume that they do sound like that. A person has to try an app out, and decide - based on personal preferences - whether or not they like it. So my favorite app is Ubertwitter. I'm comparing the two, their differences, what each does, etc. and deciding which one is more to my taste. I'm not sure what that would annoy you, but whatever.
    08-07-09 04:28 PM
    well, yeah. I would assume that they do sound like that. A person has to try an app out, and decide - based on personal preferences - whether or not they like it. So my favorite app is Ubertwitter. I'm comparing the two, their differences, what each does, etc. and deciding which one is more to my taste. I'm not sure what that would annoy you, but whatever.
    Basically, here's what I'm getting at. Socialscope took me a month to find all the little goodies and tricks and features it has. You would be amazed at what this app can do if you give it enough time and play with it a lot. For example, have you discovered the shortcut keys yet? They make using the app ridiculously efficient.

08-07-09 06:38 PM
    for what it's worth, I think someone could make a similarly legitimate argument about Ubertwitter, Twitterberry, Tweetcaster,and etc. if they so choose. Giving it time, in and of itself, doesn't make SS superior, though I don't think Silent was going that far with it anyhow.

At the end of the day, this stuff does come down to personal preference, and if someone doesn't want to give it a whole lot of additional time to adjust to something else, I think that's fair, especially when efficiency of the app is relative to the user. That said, it is best to dismiss an app as non-worthwhile only after figuring out what it does and doesn't do. Otherwise, you're potentially selling it short. That, and your experience.

SS created a buzz before a lot of these other twitter apps had reached their greater potential, and so, it is my belief that SS, while legitimately solid and positively-mentioned, is not living up to its buzz because there have been really good improvements and adjustments to other apps that folks, whether they liked it or not, had enough time to become satisfied with, while waiting to see what SS is all about. I think these are the folks that SS have lost out on with its closed alpha testing, and it'll be increasingly difficult to continue to sway them (and others) when the lite version, let alone the full version, have yet to become public, especially with so many improvements and new twitter apps surfacing on the regular basis.
    Last edited by I_love_my_bold; 08-07-09 at 07:41 PM.
    08-07-09 07:39 PM
    Basically, here's what I'm getting at. Socialscope took me a month to find all the little goodies and tricks and features it has. You would be amazed at what this app can do if you give it enough time and play with it a lot. For example, have you discovered the shortcut keys yet? They make using the app ridiculously efficient.

Can you share those shortcut keys with us?
    08-10-09 10:56 AM
    Can you share those shortcut keys with us?
    Sure! Let's see if I can remember them all lol. The majority of these shortcuts work in either tweet view or the timeline view, by the way.

Of course, with the app open, you can:

Hit enter to view a tweet in full screen. It will automatically expand any links in it so you're not clicking a short link blindly.

N goes to the next tweet in the timeline.

P goes to the one prior to it.

R for reply.

C or U to compose.

With the username at the top of the tweet highlighted (it will automatically be highlighted if you're in tweet view), you can hit enter to view all the options for that person's profile.

F gives you the options to ReTweet, Email, or SMS the tweet.

T goes to the top of the timeline. (Note that if your cursor is on any of the tabs at the top, hitting B to go to the bottom won't work unless you move your cursor down to highlight the date.)

B goes to the bottom of the timeline.

D gives you the screen to direct message the person who's tweet you have highlighted.

A will let you create a new group (I'm not sure if this is in the Lite version; I'm running the full, so it maybe a little different).

S will open up the box for Twitter Search.

G opens up the box for Enter Twitter Username; you'd then enter in the person's username to go to their profile options.

L is refresh the timeline.

V will favorite the tweet you have highlighted.

I THINK that's all of them but I may have missed some. I may ALSO have listed a few that are only available in the full version of Socialscope. It's been a while since I've been on Lite so I can't remember if all of these are available on it. Perhaps someone can try them and report back which ones work or don't work on it.

And I can honestly say this is one of the primary reasons I love Socialscope so much. I have yet to find another Twitter app (INCLUDING Ubertwitter) that actually has shortcut keys encoded into it to make tweeting faster and easier for us power tweeters.
    Last edited by a_silent_song; 08-10-09 at 12:17 PM.
    08-10-09 12:15 PM
    Guys in socialscope do really suck! I have requested 3 times an invite by email and 2 more frm twitter and they keep ignoring me.. Will never install it..
    08-11-09 12:51 AM
    Sure! Let's see if I can remember them all lol. The majority of these shortcuts work in either tweet view or the timeline view, by the way.

Of course, with the app open, you can:

Hit enter to view a tweet in full screen. It will automatically expand any links in it so you're not clicking a short link blindly.

N goes to the next tweet in the timeline.

P goes to the one prior to it.

R for reply.

C or U to compose.

With the username at the top of the tweet highlighted (it will automatically be highlighted if you're in tweet view), you can hit enter to view all the options for that person's profile.

F gives you the options to ReTweet, Email, or SMS the tweet.

T goes to the top of the timeline. (Note that if your cursor is on any of the tabs at the top, hitting B to go to the bottom won't work unless you move your cursor down to highlight the date.)

B goes to the bottom of the timeline.

D gives you the screen to direct message the person who's tweet you have highlighted.

A will let you create a new group (I'm not sure if this is in the Lite version; I'm running the full, so it maybe a little different).

S will open up the box for Twitter Search.

G opens up the box for Enter Twitter Username; you'd then enter in the person's username to go to their profile options.

L is refresh the timeline.

V will favorite the tweet you have highlighted.

I THINK that's all of them but I may have missed some. I may ALSO have listed a few that are only available in the full version of Socialscope. It's been a while since I've been on Lite so I can't remember if all of these are available on it. Perhaps someone can try them and report back which ones work or don't work on it.

And I can honestly say this is one of the primary reasons I love Socialscope so much. I have yet to find another Twitter app (INCLUDING Ubertwitter) that actually has shortcut keys encoded into it to make tweeting faster and easier for us power tweeters.

08-11-09 01:07 AM
    Got my invite today. Woke up to it!

First thing, is it possible to actually exit this application
    08-11-09 01:36 AM
    Got my invite today. Woke up to it!

First thing, is it possible to actually exit this application
    You can exit the app only if u log out completely!

Got my invite too today for the Lite vers but would prefer ubertwitter for sure

08-20-09 04:16 PM
    Got invited to the Lite version three weeks ago, and I love it. I'm really not interested in possibilities of the full version, as the Lite is fine for what I need it for, and I still do a lot of my Twittering on the web and with TweetDeck, so yeah. I hope you get your invites soon! I know the full version will be awesome for those who get it, because Lite is the ish on its own.
    09-02-09 07:46 AM
    Ubertwitter is much much better...
    09-03-09 12:28 AM
    I agree 100% I love socialscope don't get me wrong awesome app both Twitter and Facebook running smoothly but I UI on Ubertwitter cannot be matched at all. Now yes you have to have both the native facebook and twitter app open but I will do that.
    09-03-09 12:47 AM
136 ... 3456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD