I received my invite tonight, installed it, played with it for a few minutes.. and all I gotta say is: I can finally understand all the buzz surrounding SS.. It's true that' it's an amazing app..

I just wish we could log more then one Twitter account, as I use two, (one personal with people I know, and one with anyone who wanna add me)
    Facebooks cool too..
    I just wish there was a way to close it without logging out..
    Cause it runs in the background and it's kinda meh for me..
    07-30-09 12:37 AM
    I like that it stays running and dosent kill your battery. If I left twitterberry or ubertwitter open I would have a dead berry at 1pm.
    So far I am loving it. Its nothing spectaculiar but it gets everything done including pic uploads and searching without any issues. That a lot makes it my favorite app.
    The GUI is a very basic, stable one that just gets the job done without messing up or killing the berry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-30-09 01:00 AM
    ...and this is why the invite process annoys me. Nothing against trucky, but myself and many others have been signed up for as long as 3-4 months, some even longer, and yet there's folk who signed up 2 months ago receiving invites.
    To be fair... I probably signed up a few times... I tend to do that and then remember later that I already did. Same with Google Voice, I probably signed up 4 times and ended up with 2 invites.
    07-30-09 08:52 AM
    I like that it stays running and dosent kill your battery. If I left twitterberry or ubertwitter open I would have a dead berry at 1pm.
    So far I am loving it. Its nothing spectaculiar but it gets everything done including pic uploads and searching without any issues. That a lot makes it my favorite app.
    The GUI is a very basic, stable one that just gets the job done without messing up or killing the berry.

Has anyone noticed a drop in their memory with SS?
    07-30-09 09:31 AM
    I signed up back in February complained on CB the other day about not getting one yet, got my invite the next day. Coincidence?
    07-30-09 09:46 AM
    Has anyone noticed a drop in their memory with SS?
    Im currently watching that as well. After a battery pull I have about 26.5 free memory. Last night after running SS I dropped to 19. Im about to reboot and run SS and nothing else for a bit and see what happens.
    07-30-09 09:52 AM
    Just got my invite.
    Unfortunately going to download gives me an error. LOL.. ah well...........
    07-30-09 09:58 AM
    man seems like everyone is getting one but me... im not quite at 5 months but past 3...
    07-30-09 09:59 AM
    No drop in memory with SS. If anything ever lived up to it's hype, then it's SS. Best Twitter app on any platform ever.

I have 125 after a reboot, and 121 after a full day of extreme use of SS, Gtalk, and bunch of other apps.

FYI, keep the update setting on Auto. It optimizes the battery usage and gives you near push updates. And another fyi, the new version of UberTwitter is fine on battery.
    Last edited by redwanhuq; 07-30-09 at 10:02 AM.
    07-30-09 09:59 AM
    No drop in memory with SS. If anything ever lived up to it's hype, then it's SS. Best Twitter app on any platform ever.

I have 125 after a reboot, and 121 after a full day of extreme use of SS, Gtalk, and bunch of other apps.

FYI, keep the update setting on Auto. It optimizes the battery usage and gives you near push updates. And another fyi, the new version of UberTwitter is fine on battery.

You have 125 mb of free memory?????

Ok I just rebooted my curve and Im starting out at 28.46 mb. Im gonna turn SS on for an hour and not use anything else and see what I get.

Update:
    30 minutes and nothing but SS running. Down to 25.93 mb
    Last edited by wingzfan61; 07-30-09 at 10:56 AM.
    07-30-09 10:28 AM
    It just seems pretty odd to me that they say they're going down their list "in order" yet the people that have signed up months ago haven't heard anything, while others are popping up on here almost every day saying how the got an invite right away by just using a new email address. SMH.

BTW, I've tried all 3 of my email addresses and tried to contact via twitter and heard nothing at all.

07-30-09 11:03 AM
    Got my invite like 10pm last night, getting ready to go to lunch and play with it
    07-30-09 11:15 AM
    After an hour of SS running and nothing else Im still at 25.93 mb of free memory so a loss of 2.5 mb's.

Battery wise Ive dropped 2% in that hour.
    07-30-09 11:26 AM
    It just seems pretty odd to me that they say they're going down their list "in order" yet the people that have signed up months ago haven't heard anything, while others are popping up on here almost every day saying how the got an invite right away by just using a new email address. SMH.

BTW, I've tried all 3 of my email addresses and tried to contact via twitter and heard nothing at all.

ive been waiting 3 months now and havent gotten nething yet... sent the a shout on twitter.. nothing... guess just keep on waiting doesnt seem fair but thats life
    07-30-09 11:57 AM
    5 months and no response...
    07-30-09 01:25 PM
    I finally got mine. Meh, it is okay, but I think it was a bit anti-climatic once I got it after the long wait. Tweeteev invites are coming soon, so I cannot wait to compare the two.

08-02-09 09:54 AM
    5 months and no response...
    Try dropping a line to their support team. That seems to help a little.

08-02-09 09:56 AM
    I've tried multiple invite requests with 3 different emails. Tried giving them a shout out on Twitter. Just emailed their support team.

Hopefully they'll let me in so I can see what all the buzz is about.
    08-02-09 10:59 AM
    I just requested one... my friend rec'd one last week.
    08-02-09 11:22 AM
    I feel spoiled. I've been using SocialScope since January. It used to be bad on my 8320 but that was probably because of the device (hourglassed every 6-8 hours). I liked the app then when there were no Twitter apps except for the TwitterBerry but now SS has become a great app.
    08-02-09 12:02 PM
    still waiting
    08-02-09 12:15 PM
    Same here
    08-03-09 03:00 AM
    Just got mine today.It's Lite.I don;t know what it means but I like it. Not as much as Uber Twitter which has more features and is as intuitive as SS. I won't delete UT nor SS, just spend some time using both.
    I also found one thing I don't like about SS:automatic check spelling. It's self explanatory. I had to uncheck that one cause I won't Tweet in English only. Other than that,it's a nice app.
    PS:I've been waiting for the invite from May.That sucks.No app worths THAT kinda wait.
    08-03-09 03:30 AM
    They're not going down a list. It's clearly a lottery, which is such crap for the people who signed up early. As is the case with Google Voice. I just got two invites, one of which I got five minutes after I signed up again. I thought they were inviting everyone finally, but it turns out that I got very lucky. People who have been waiting for months still haven't gotten invites.

If only I could have the same luck with SocialScope.
    08-04-09 04:12 AM
    They're not going down a list. It's clearly a lottery, which is such crap for the people who signed up early. As is the case with Google Voice. I just got two invites, one of which I got five minutes after I signed up again. I thought they were inviting everyone finally, but it turns out that I got very lucky. People who have been waiting for months still haven't gotten invites.

If only I could have the same luck with SocialScope.
    Yep. I can verify that it isn't in order because I requested back in march under my main email address and have yet to receive an invite under it. I got really impatient at the end of last week and decided that I would request an invite from all 5 email addresses that I have. My invite came in last night and went to one of the email addresses that I requested from on friday.

I have to do some investigating with how the lite, which is what I have, differs from the regular ss app. Has anyone received an invite for the regular ss app as of late?

08-04-09 06:22 AM
136 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD