I have recently ran out of the 10 day trial for Stocks+. I really liked this app as you can set alerts and choose the update time. Only thing I didn't like is how it changes your background to their "stocks+" default background, I would like to be able to view my stocks over top of the background I choose.

I would also just like to hear what you guys are using and the pro's and con's so I can make an educated decision on which app to buy, let'er rip.
    02-16-11 01:41 PM
    I use Bloomberg. It displays stock prices, change $, change %, news, market news, market prices and commodities and bond pricing as well. Only thing its pretty set in stone what you can do. Unfortunately there is no alert option and you can't set your own background
    02-16-11 01:49 PM
    I use Bloomberg. It displays stock prices, change $, change %, news, market news, market prices and commodities and bond pricing as well. Only thing its pretty set in stone what you can do. Unfortunately there is no alert option and you can't set your own background
    Interesting, I just downloaded Bloomberg mobile to check out out but for some reason it's giving me problems. it said it downloaded successfully but when I try and run it I get "Uncaught exception: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError". Anybody know what that means?
    02-16-11 02:12 PM
    I'll second the Bloomberg recommendation. It is indeed an excellent application that has never given me troubles. It essentially allows you to manage your portfolio and thus allows tickers, purchase price, currency and percentage changes - everything you need really.

It's allows you to view the news which is incredibly useful for trips to work and university. In all, it's probably my favourite application on the App World.

Interesting, I just downloaded Bloomberg mobile to check out out but for some reason it's giving me problems. it said it downloaded successfully but when I try and run it I get "Uncaught exception: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError". Anybody know what that means?
    Hm, that's interesting. I don't think that's Bloomberg. Did you have a lot of applications running when you tried to open it? Have you tried a reboot? I can't imagine that being a problem with Bloomberg, leaving uncaught exceptions like a simple memory error is pretty rare for commercial applications.
    02-16-11 04:59 PM
    I have been using the Wikinvest app for the past few months and like it a lot, very easy to import your account information and good information/research tools in the app.
    02-16-11 07:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD