Guys,i had downloaded all skype files with a small program - jad downloader.
    Ok installed and skype said
    SKYPE CAN ONLY BE USED WITH A TELEKOMSEL SIM!!!

I took the skype files from this carrier.My bb is curve 8520

Is there any way to simulate this carrier?What about the vendor.xml issue?I am using a hybryd OS 5!
    CRACK IT PLS!
    02-21-12 03:06 PM
    http:/ /hotfile.com/dl/147342747/b94f8d3/Skype.rar . html
    02-21-12 03:08 PM
    "Cracking it" isn't going to help. The application will identify that the device is not on the proper network and will not work.

Note that the vendor.xml file doesn't have anything to do with it. It only exists on the computer. And it merely identifies that carrier that released the OS. It doesn't have anything to do with loading the third party applications.
    02-21-12 05:26 PM
    Seeing that the app connects to Verizon's switch via phone call, cracking it won't help at all. It isn't a true VOIP app and Skype calls don't go over wifi. I would think that trying to use it on a non-Vzw device would fail once the caller ID verification was done.

Sent from my gTablet using Tapatalk.
    02-21-12 09:19 PM
    So it is useless?What about the beta for bb?It is working over Aerize WIFIX,but no send/receive files,no emoticons and e.t.c
    I am curently using IMO,works fine and kills my battery.
    Any with info or an option for the real skype?
    02-22-12 10:37 AM
    It works similarly to Google Voice callback (imho); all skype calls go to a special verizon number (and therefore use more minutes). It would be nice if it could be disassembled to work on a different network though (assuming that the number doesn't block calls from a non-verizon mobile number). I have metropcs but no way to contact or IM skype users from my phone.

Trillian is a great IM app. Nimbuzz is a close second. If only Meebo had blackberry support

I use Zello to do walkie talkie type talking (it works even on metropcs 1g).
    05-07-12 05:05 PM
    Try IMO, available in Appworld for free, to IM on Skype.
    05-07-12 08:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD