Hi guys,

I recently bought the blackberry tour and have went through the setup etc. However, in doing this I have not seen the set up wifi option within the wizard.

Is this something that i need to install or something that is wrong with my Blackberry? Please let me know as this is very concerning.

Cheers

Cal
    12-11-10 05:23 AM
    WiFi app?? What does that mean?

And the Tour 9630 does not have WiFi.
    12-11-10 06:33 AM
    I agree. Tour didn't get wifi. You need to upgrade to the 9650 Bold if you want wifi. The new Curve has wifi as well.
    12-11-10 07:42 AM
    Yep. Hopefully you've got a 30 day return period. If a salesperson told you the Tour had WiFi, they were sadly mistaken.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-11-10 08:49 AM
    Did you get this new? Who is your carrier? I didn't know any of the major carriers were still selling the Tour, since they usually discontinue the older versions to go with "the latest and the greatest." As others have already said, it doesn't have the WiFi feature.

But I still like my Tour, even without WiFi, since it does what it needs to do.
    12-11-10 09:33 AM
    Perhaps to someone new, Wi-Fi would seem to be an 'app' when it is a feature, or function. Easy to understand a misstated bit of wording. Remember, he said he just got it, and not all sales personnel are educated on the devices they push, or sometimes even ethical

12-11-10 09:47 AM
    Perhaps to someone new, Wi-Fi would seem to be an 'app' when it is a feature, or function. Easy to understand a misstated bit of wording. Remember, he said he just got it, and not all sales personnel are educated on the devices they push, or sometimes even ethical

I agree with this. Never trust a salesperson. This is why it is so important to independently verify that anything you're going to buy has the features you're looking for prior to buying it.
    12-11-10 09:52 AM
    Tour = No wi-fi

The tour is one of the last BB devices produced that didn't have wi-fi. Now you can not get one with out.

Why do you need wi-fi???

12-12-10 07:42 AM
    Tour = No wi-fi

The tour is one of the last BB devices produced that didn't have wi-fi. Now you can not get one with out.

Why do you need wi-fi???

Because wifi is quicker than 3g, and when you use wifi, you save data usage on the cell network, which doesn't matter to us folks on unlimited data plans but for those trying to use the limited data plans I can sure see where it would come in handy.

Also, wifi uses a short range, relatively low power transmitter which should also save battery life over downloading something equally as big over the cell network.
    12-12-10 07:58 AM
    Hi guys,

I recently bought the blackberry tour and have went through the setup etc. However, in doing this I have not seen the set up wifi option within the wizard.

Is this something that i need to install or something that is wrong with my Blackberry? Please let me know as this is very concerning.

Cheers

Cal
    As everyone above has stated, the 9630 Tour does not come equipped with wifi.

If the sales person told you it had it, or you are within your grace return peroid, go and swap it out.

You will want to get the 9650, 9330, or last the 8530.
    (in order of best to okay)

Also, please reference the specs of the phone at blackberry.com if you are looking for a device in the future with a specific feature/function.
    12-12-10 10:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD