I just installed Slacker on my 8130 and can't get it to work. Every time I try a station, it starts to buffer and then a window pops up saing " an error has occured, please try later". Any ideas?
    03-20-09 09:04 PM
    Please try later.

Do you have a pretty good signal? It takes a good one to run smoothly. Best over wi-fi though not an option in your case.
    03-20-09 09:15 PM
    Go with pandora. So much better and no buffering.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-20-09 09:56 PM
    I've been getting the same message too if I get mine to work I'll let you know.

03-21-09 07:23 AM
    I get the same ,message. I think it is due to signal quality as mentioned above. I only have two bars. I am giving Pandora a shot
    03-21-09 10:27 AM
    Pandora doesn't work over wifi. That really sucks.

03-21-09 11:13 AM
    Pandora doesn't work over wifi. That really sucks.

yup, it hasnt worked for me either
    03-21-09 11:32 AM
    Perhaps it has to do with the application permissions. Have you tried that?
    03-21-09 04:04 PM
    Perhaps it has to do with the application permissions. Have you tried that?
    yup, but i don't have a data plan and my carrier isn't in the supported list so it would be a miracle if it did work
    03-21-09 04:38 PM
    you have to set the permissions to allow and then save reboot and then try slacker again if not delete the app and the folder for slacker and the slacker.exe on your sd card then dl and install the app again make sure to change all the permissions to allow then run the app and should work i had this problem when i first dl the app searched around and found the answer to work for me
    03-21-09 10:42 PM
    I have set the permissions all to allow on my slacker, but I have to disable my firewall to make it run. That might help, I wish I didn't have to do that any ideas to why I have to do that?

03-21-09 11:07 PM
    I have set the permissions all to allow on my slacker, but I have to disable my firewall to make it run. That might help, I wish I didn't have to do that any ideas to why I have to do that?

are you on a BES or BIS might be the issue about the firewall i'm on BIS and that's what made mine work
    03-22-09 01:25 AM
    I got mine to work. I uninstalled and re-installed, changed most of the permissions to allow, disabled the firewall and now it works.

03-22-09 08:11 AM
    Not sure what BIS or BES is I am still new to this. I've got just individual service. Not tied into a company in any way

03-22-09 09:54 AM
    I got mine to work. I uninstalled and re-installed, changed most of the permissions to allow, this should do the trick for ya J mod if not maybe someone else might have and idea as for BIS and BES = (BIS) indivisual service (BES) enterprise or a business service don't worry i'm still new as well
    03-22-09 10:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD