I am new to dropbox. If I take a picture how do i add it to dropbox? If i download an attachment from an email how do i add it to dropbox? I tried hitting the menu key and then going down to send to but dropbox isnt listed as a choice.
    05-06-12 10:12 AM
    05-06-12 10:28 AM
    Ok...now can someone actually answer my question without the advertisements?
    05-06-12 10:35 AM
    I did answer your question, and was kind enough to provide a link. I own the app, but I didn't create the app, nor make any money from it.

You can try uploading using your browser and the Dropbox full site. Alternately USB the phone to your PC, connect your storage, and upload via the PC app or site from the PC browser.
    05-06-12 10:41 AM
    I am new to dropbox. If I take a picture how do i add it to dropbox? If i download an attachment from an email how do i add it to dropbox? I tried hitting the menu key and then going down to send to but dropbox isnt listed as a choice.
    FileScout is one option. I use that, plus the official Dropbox app for Blackberry. Available at https://www.dropbox.com/blackberry. It's fairly simple to use. Full access to upload/download. One note -- to close it completely, you must use the "exit" command from the menu, or it will remain open in the background and chew up your battery life...

Hope this helps. ~ecm
    05-06-12 01:29 PM
    FileScout is one option. I use that, plus the official Dropbox app for Blackberry. Available at https://www.dropbox.com/blackberry. It's fairly simple to use. Full access to upload/download. One note -- to close it completely, you must use the "exit" command from the menu, or it will remain open in the background and chew up your battery life...

Hope this helps. ~ecm
    Full access to download yes, and the share feature is awesome, but uploads are limited to photos only. That's where the File Scout add-on really comes in handy.
    05-06-12 02:07 PM
    I'd just be happy if the Dropbox app worked on my 9800. I can't even get it to open for the first time.I get the Cannot open Dropbox, verify module 'dropbox' or something like that.
    05-06-12 04:59 PM
    just to make the advertisement complete - creating file share links is also available with the FileScout DropBox - even for complete folders...
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    05-07-12 02:52 AM
    Well, I'll try nthis again. If I have a file open ON MY PHONE in docs to go is there an easy way to send it directly to dropbox? Or do I need to open it on my PC and send it to dropbox?
    Last edited by makuwel; 05-07-12 at 06:41 PM.
    05-07-12 06:33 PM
    Well, I'll try nthis again. If I have a file open ON MY PHONE in docs to go is there an easy way to send it directly to dropbox? Or do I need to open it on my PC and send it to dropbox?
    On your phone, you can open a document using File Scout, hit menu, send, and easily upload it to any folder you have on Dropbox.
    05-07-12 10:40 PM
    As everyone has said, you need a third party application to do this. You cannot do it natively.
    05-08-12 05:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD