I just upgraded my OS to the lastest .61 OTA and I lost my quicklaunch setup but more importantly my slicktasks data is all gone too. I organized my life in there and I'm dumbfounded that an upgrade like this would lose my data. This is my first BB and I've never had a device before that acted like this. Any suggestions on where I might find that data in the backups I did via desktop manager last night?

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm going to be lost without this stuff...
    11-20-09 02:25 PM
    Does anyone use this app that might be able to help me, please?
    11-21-09 02:17 PM
    Honestly i use the app daily but there is a backup/restore option for this very issue. I hit backup it saves to xml file on my sd card, i load new os reload slicktasks and restore my data from the card. Sorry that you lost your data, but the only way to avoid that in the future is to use the backup/restore functionality.
    11-21-09 02:20 PM
    I just stumbled onto this post, know it's older, but same thing happened to me recently. I was so engrossed in making sure all my data and 3rd party apps were backed up, I forgot to do a current SlickTasks back up. (I back up often, but should have done it right before the OS upgrade.) So I lost a couple weeks worth of entries.

I back up two ways. Use backup feature to SD card. Then I also sync SlickTasks>Tasks, then use Desktop Mgr to backup Tasks. So it's a double-backup.

This is one of my most heavily used and favorite apps!
    07-06-10 07:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD