First of all, i bought my curve 8530 yesterday, so that makes me a bb noob. My provider is having a free promo month of hbo, sports etc. and my bb is missing the application! does anyone know of how i can get it back? i have updated and its still not there. any help will do please and thanks!
    02-20-11 09:54 PM
    TV and Radio app?

HBO on a BlackBerry?

Never heard of such a thing.
    02-20-11 10:01 PM
    TV and Radio app?

HBO on a BlackBerry?

Never heard of such a thing.
    well read here and it even says that my device is compatible, yet i dont have the radio & tv app, or what ever its called.
    02-20-11 10:14 PM
    First of all, i bought my curve 8530 yesterday, so that makes me a bb noob. My provider is having a free promo month of hbo, sports etc. and my bb is missing the application! does anyone know of how i can get it back? i have updated and its still not there. any help will do please and thanks!
    If you have Sprint, they do have a TV icon and it does have sports, music,and yes premium channels. You might have hid the icon by mistake. go into hide and bring it back and you should see a shadow of an icon press track pad again to make it hole.
    02-20-11 10:22 PM
    If you have Sprint, they do have a TV icon and it does have sports, music,and yes premium channels. You might have hid the icon by mistake. go into hide and bring it back and you should see a shadow of an icon press track pad again to make it hole.
    no i have virgin mobile, but dont all blackberry phones have the tv & radio icon? and its not hidden
    02-20-11 10:38 PM
    no i have virgin mobile, but dont all blackberry phones have the tv & radio icon? and its not hidden
    No, not all cell phone carriers have TV on there BLACKBERRIES. Sprint does have it but Nextell and Boost Blackberries which is operated by sprint don't
    02-20-11 10:55 PM
    oh, well there is no excuse to as why mine does not have the application. unless its hidden somewhere else somehow?
    02-20-11 11:16 PM
    There is a reason. It is an app offered by a specific provider, not RIM. For instance, I do not have NFL Mobile. That app is only offered to VZW customers, and my provider is AT&T.

If you want a particular app that only a certain provider offers, you need to have service with that provider.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-20-11 11:32 PM
    You will have to call Virgin Mobile's Tech Support or Customer Service and ask them for the download link for the TV & Radio app for Blackberry.

They have a specific download link and they can provide you with it.

I had to request the link before not all their Blackberrys on Bell and Virgin has it pushed for some reason
    02-20-11 11:56 PM
    well read here and it even says that my device is compatible, yet i dont have the radio & tv app, or what ever its called.
    Interesting.

As others have noted, you need to call the carrier and have them direct you. It's a carrier specific thing.

Also, be sure that you have the proper data plan. That page indicates that it's not available with certain plans.

Heads-up!
    Not available on the $40 BlackBerry Social Plan or the $15 BlackBerry Social and Email bundles
    02-21-11 07:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD