Is anyone having problems running the app "drive safe.ly" or "caller id reader". I love the apps but when I run them my phone freezes on incoming calls and won't let me answer and one time I got an error message "Uncaught Exception net_rim_bbphone_app(65) is not responding process terminated". Of course I called Verizon and they said it was a software problem because of the apps and I needed to delete the apps and do a master reset. They wanted me to give it a week and if the problem happened again they would send me a new phone. Help!? I want my apps....
    07-18-10 06:36 AM
    I don't use either of those. Do you have the PERMISSIONS correct for both of those apps?

Go to Options/applications, find those two and then select them and check the permissions of each.
    07-18-10 08:09 AM
    Is anyone having problems running the app "drive safe.ly" or "caller id reader". I love the apps but when I run them my phone freezes on incoming calls and won't let me answer and one time I got an error message "Uncaught Exception net_rim_bbphone_app(65) is not responding process terminated". Of course I called Verizon and they said it was a software problem because of the apps and I needed to delete the apps and do a master reset. They wanted me to give it a week and if the problem happened again they would send me a new phone. Help!? I want my apps....
    I understand that you want your apps, but you have to understand that not all apps are well-written, and the bad ones can cause errors.
    07-18-10 09:08 AM
    I don't use either of those. Do you have the PERMISSIONS correct for both of those apps?

Go to Options/applications, find those two and then select them and check the permissions of each.
    Thanks for the help......I don't know what you mean by permissions can you explain further?
    07-18-10 11:46 AM
    I understand that you want your apps, but you have to understand that not all apps are well-written, and the bad ones can cause errors.
    I guess I thought that the apps would work because they were advertised on crackberry and had great reviews.....I was just wondering if this is because the 9650 is new phone.
    07-18-10 11:54 AM
    As I mentioned, go to the WRENCH icon (generally) for OPTIONS and select it. The press the BB/menu button (left of the trackpad) and scroll down to Applications and select it. Now find your two apps, one at at time, and select them. You should see two choices, "delete" or "permissions." Select permissions and tweak them to ALLOW. Then back out and SAVE the changes.
    07-18-10 08:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD