Hello, I recently got a BB Pearl Flip and Slacker nor Pandora works in Canada. The main reason I got to phone is to connect WiFi in my house and use streaming radio instead of always turning on the notebook.

Does someone know how to do this in Canada since Pandora and Slacker is not available outside of US.
    09-01-09 12:31 PM
    I know that a few people just entered a U.S. zip/area code (whichever, i forget what it asks for) and it worked fine for them.

Welcome to CB
    09-01-09 12:38 PM
    Thanks but I go to Slacker or Pandora from the Mobile device and it realizes I am in Canada.
    09-01-09 12:45 PM
    You can't do it..the only way to do it is..literally go to the US, set up your accounts and then return home.

Even upon returning home Slacker will only play the stations in which you have cached, but Pandora will work as per normal if initiated in the US.
    09-01-09 12:48 PM
    You can't do it..the only way to do it is..literally go to the US, set up your accounts and then return home.

Even upon returning home Slacker will only play the stations in which you have cached, but Pandora will work as per normal if initiated in the US.

wow, that sucks.
    09-01-09 12:50 PM
    try nobex radio companion, or flycast Canada
    09-01-09 12:55 PM
    Or moodio. I use it for streaming US stations and it works fine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-01-09 01:08 PM
    i use flycast and moodio
    09-01-09 01:09 PM
    Pandora will work if you use US address. It worked for me but .151 and their ridiculous free version restrictions steered me far clear of that

flycast FTW. Streams shoutcast stations and that's more than enough for everything i need

dubstep.fm ftmfw
    09-01-09 01:37 PM
    nobex works I will try flycast canada because the regular one is us only and I i will try moodio also

I hate it when things are blocked for those outside the states

thanks everyone
    09-01-09 01:41 PM
    Iheartradio works outside the usa. I am using it now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-01-09 02:01 PM
    It seems that flycast does not work from Canada and it does not work on the Pearl

Was anyone able to use it from Canada?
    How about the Pearl?
    09-01-09 02:02 PM
    Thanks about the info about iheartradio. On their website it says not outside the US but great if it works. I never tried because it said that on their website

for the nobex crackberry review said not available outside US but it is working for me
    09-01-09 02:05 PM
    nobex works I will try flycast canada because the regular one is us only and I i will try moodio also

I hate it when things are blocked for those outside the states

thanks everyone
    I thought that it was because of broadcasting restrictions in Canada.
    09-01-09 02:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD