Hi,

I had that Beejive installed and it just expired. I only know how to install things by using the blackberry software manager and hooking up the bb with a usb cable. Is it possible to download stuff off the internet?

I use opera mini right now. When I go to download an application it doesn't work.

A lot of the free apps online I have found are jad or jar files not alx or als that the blackberry software install through the computer requires.... so its difficult...

I finally found one: IMplus All-in-One Mobile Messenger
    i got from getjar.com

and when i went to load it on with the bb software manager i got this error:
    "no additional applications designed for your device were found"
    the cod file was there in the same dir ... i tried turning off my bb and restarting it, restarting the bb softwaring... im stumped...

Anyone have any advice???

a way to dl directly onto my bb while browsing with it??

any application suggestions - free aim apps for 8350i that are als or alx files?

anyone know about that "no additional applications designed for your device were found" error?

I am totally stumped and would appreciate ANY advice SOOO much! THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!
    07-23-09 09:36 PM
    jar and jad files are OTS files.... Over The Air.... you would have to goto the site in your BB browser, not opera.

but there is hope....

if you have the jar and jad files on your computer

just copy them to your memory card
    hit menu
    goto media
    hit menu
    scroll to explore
    goto where you put both files and clcik on it.... it will install
    07-23-09 09:42 PM
    I cant go in my BB browser because I am on boost and boost doesnt support this phone using the internet..

I tried what you said with - putting it on my media card and going to explorer and running it from there with a few programs

got errors everytime when i tried to install

i click on it , its installing, then it says download failed, always get a 907 invalid jar error

then they get more specific with the errors, one said:
    "Duplicate definition for 'g' found in: g"

what the heck?

why doesnt anything i try work?

thanks in advance again.
    07-24-09 02:48 PM
    first off BOTH files ( jar and jad)) need to be in the same location.

second thing, are you sure that you downloaded the correct version?

third, if the app tries to connect to the net, to verify that you have the latest ver or phone model, you might get an error.
    07-24-09 09:43 PM
    yes, the jad and jar files are in the same location.

yes, on getjar.com you put in your phone model and search for applications that are compatible with your phone, and i tried 4 different applications

i think the problem is with the 8350i not really being made for boost mobile and the fact that i just took a boost mobile starter kit and stuck the sim card in a brand new unlocked 8350i (for nextel)

-which a lot of other people on this board have done

i loaded opera mini on it when i first got the phone and beejive to chat(using the bb desktop software and usb cable), but you cannnot use the bb's own internet program(it just doesnt work and boost support line doesnt support it) or sms because it is not really compatible with the boost network or something...

-so maybe when it goes to install connects to the net like you said to verify or something ... it cannot connect then... but for some reason with 3rd party apps like opera it works... i dont really get it

-so either im completely wrong with my above hypothesis? i dunno , do you know anything about the 8350i and boost mobile saga or anyone on the message boards who uses that who might be able to help me out???

- or im back to square one and i need to figure out the error with the bb desktop software... i did do a google search and found that other people got the same error but no real solutions (suggestions included taking out the bb battery, etc... nothing worked) i googled "Can't load .alx files onto BB "

do you ever feel like you just have a string of problems and you will never find a solution?

again, i appreciate your help sooooooooooooo much!
    07-25-09 09:22 AM
    Sighs, kristen you are wrong on many counts,.

Where should I start? Ok how about first and foremost your berry is wifi enabled which means at the Very Least your browser works around hotspots.

Second of all, there are work arounds, had you read the sticky (for future reference whenever you join a forum ALWAYS read stickys, a lot of work went into them to make everyone's life easier!), to enable you to change the browser from hotspot to a regular browser as well as fix the pesky sms/mms problem.

You should also read the stickys that were specially dedicated to boostberrys here as well as the ones on the howard forums. I'm not sure if the particular work around that I speak of is in this forum or hofo.

If you need more assistance, I am here though since I use my boostberry I am somewhat limited in regards to pasting links and what not. Otherwise I would have posted the link to the work around.
    I hope at the very least I have given you some guidance into the right direction.
    07-26-09 07:07 PM
    Great job! I'd say if you can get app world on your phone via desktop manager and then use it to download the apps you need off of that. If that doesn't work idk. But def. Should read those boostberry workarounds. Think of it as a light reading excercise. I'm here too if ya need it!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-26-09 08:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD