Could someone please help me? I downloaded an app and when I went to open it for the first time I got the following msg:

Error starting <application name>: Error loading module '<application name>' Verify error.

Does anyone know what this means and how to fix it? Oddly enough, I am able to download apps I've previously deleted/uninstalled. I can also download "some" new apps but not others (it seems the error discriminates as to which apps it will not let me get). Now, whenevr I download an app, it either opens or I get this msg. Someone please help; totally frustrated and I can't find any helpful answers online for laymen. Thanks so much in advance ?:-)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-16-10 10:53 PM
    Dude, battery pull! That fixes everything and is mentioned in almost every "Help!" thread on here.

If you've tried that, or if you do try it and it doesn't work, I'd reload your OS. There are threads on here that tell you how to do that if you're unsure.
    08-16-10 11:03 PM
    Thanks; I've battery pulled myself to death, uninstalled and reinstalled app after app to no avail...I was hoping for an alternative to reloading my OS...thanks tho.

08-16-10 11:16 PM
    No problem. Sorry about your luck, it's balls when a battery pull doesn't fix everything
    08-16-10 11:44 PM
    List some apps you are and are not having issues with. Also what OS?

08-17-10 12:01 AM
    If you DO end up having to do an OS wipe/install, it isnt really that big of a deal..I had to do my first one ever a few nights ago...luckily I made a backup a few days prior...It took a few hours to reinstall some apps and get my settings back to the way they were, but the silver lining is that I DIDNT install apps I have had on my phone that I never use. Right now I only have about 14 apps installed, where before the wipe, I probably had about 25...so lots more free memory and my phone is running smoother and faster now.
    Last edited by Average Joe; 08-17-10 at 12:12 PM.
    08-17-10 12:10 AM
    it sounds like the application you are downloading is missing vital modules or cods, therefore giving you the error. what app is it and where are you downloading it from. sounds more like a bad download than anything.
    08-17-10 03:34 AM
    List some apps you are and are not having issues with. Also what OS?

This information will really help to get a solution for you (OP).
    08-17-10 06:52 AM
    @chrispipe-no worries. Thx.
    @shansmi- running OS 5, no prob with apps like BBM, ExpenseMgr, Craigslist, MobileCheckBook. Prob arises on apps I didn't have before the problem started, like PodTrapper (that's when the prob first gave rise), Bberry Podcast (although I've never had stitcher and was able to download it after the prob started)
    @dictoresno-podtrapper, bberry podcast, photobucket and generally any app I try to download, which I've never downloaded before. I've tried to get all these apps thru app world. I even tried going to the devs website and getting it there but no go there either

Has anyone ever seen this error? And how'd u fix it w/o a wipe? Btw, the reason I don't wanna wipe is b/c I don't have access to my comp right now....

08-17-10 10:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD