Okay-before I start getting bashed for asking about problems with 3rd party apps on a Beta OS-I am already kicking myself.

I upgraded my OS from the 4.6.1.250 to the 5.0.0.348. I don't know if it is a coincidence or if the OS upgrade caused this problem but now my Opera Mini Browser(4.2) will not maintain a "socket" connection(which is much faster than the "http" connection). I set the connection to "socket" and then after I load a web page, Opera resets the connection to "http".

Basically, I'm curious if this is an OS issue or if it is a problem with the RIM servers or Opera servers. So, is anyone else having this problem? I'm just looking for some validation before I go through the hassle of downgrading back to .250.

And yes I considered posting this in the Apps section of the forums but I feel it may be an 8900 specific issue.

Thanks to anyone who helps me in advance!
    Last edited by kscrum; 11-19-09 at 12:33 PM.
    11-19-09 12:17 PM
    I've noticed this the last couple of weeks.
    Socket connections are no longer possible unless I use wifi...?
    I'm using .250 too...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-19-09 12:28 PM
    Woah! So you don't have a socket connection even on .250? I was willing to bet a paycheck that my problem was the OS 5.0 upgrade. Anyone else? Please save me from downgrading my OS again.
    11-19-09 12:33 PM
    I had the same problem, too until I remembered to save my changes in settings before I exited OM ... but surely it's not that simple!
    11-19-09 01:15 PM
    I had the same problem, too until I remembered to save my changes in settings before I exited OM ... but surely it's not that simple!
    I wish it were that simple. I changed my settings and remembered to save.............................................. ..................................and still no luck. One of you people smarter than me can surely come up with a work around for this problem.
    11-19-09 01:23 PM
    Woah! So you don't have a socket connection even on .250? I was willing to bet a paycheck that my problem was the OS 5.0 upgrade. Anyone else? Please save me from downgrading my OS again.
    No, but it seems to have been like this for a few weeks now... Not long after 5 beta was released...

11-19-09 01:59 PM
    Unfortunatly not...

11-19-09 02:01 PM
    Perplexing then that I didn't notice the slow down(if it was even there for me) a while back. I was ready to blame this OS and curse myself for upgrading to Beta. I'm gonna check my wife's BB when I get home. She is running .114. I'll report back and let you guys know what I find.

Also, I'm on T-mobile if anyone is wondering.
    11-19-09 02:17 PM
    Perplexing then that I didn't notice the slow down(if it was even there for me) a while back. I was ready to blame this OS and curse myself for upgrading to Beta. I'm gonna check my wife's BB when I get home. She is running .114. I'll report back and let you guys know what I find.

Also, I'm on T-mobile if anyone is wondering.
    Cool. Orange UK for me :-)

11-19-09 02:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD