I got the app error 200 and when I follow the directions to go into DM and erase everything on my BB and start anew, DM encounters a "fatal error" and never does it! I can do everything up until I press "finish" and that's it! The DM reports a fatal error and can't complete the operation!

Please please please help!! I'm FREAKING out!
    04-09-09 02:45 AM
    This looks spectacular but is easy to fix. Here's how from View Document

APP Error 200 Reset

Doc ID : KB14115
    Last Modified : 12-09-2008
    Document Type : Support

Print this page

Environment

• BlackBerry� smartphones

Overview

The BlackBerry smartphone ceases to function and displays the following error:
    APP Error 200 Reset

Resolution

Re-install the BlackBerry� Device Software and applications to the BlackBerry smartphone by completing the following steps:
    1. Connect the BlackBerry smartphone to the computer.
    2. Open BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
    3. Double-click Application Loader. The Application Loader Wizard appears. You may need to unplug and re-attach the USB cable to the BlackBerry smartphone at this point for it to be recognized by Application Loader.
    4. Click Next.
    5. Choose the port that the BlackBerry smartphone is connected to and click Next.
    6. If prompted, type the BlackBerry smartphone password and click Next.
    7. The Device Application Selection screen appears. Select the applications to be loaded onto your BlackBerry smartphone.
    8. If the Device Backup screen appears, choose whether or not to automatically back up the BlackBerry smartphone. Click Next.
    9. Click Next. The Completing the Application Wizard screen appears, displaying all the software that will be loaded to your BlackBerry smartphone.
    10. Click the Advanced button and make sure that Erase all application data and Erase all currently installed applications are both selected. Note: If the Application Loader is not able to access all of the BlackBerry smartphone data, then both Erase all application data and Erase all currently installed applications will be grayed out.
    11. Click Next, and then click Next again.
    12. Click Finish. The BlackBerry Device Software is now loaded on the BlackBerry smartphone. Do not disconnect the BlackBerry smartphone until the process has completed.
    04-09-09 02:54 AM
    Didn't work!!!

I've already done this.

When I click "finish" DM isn't able to complete the operation due to a fatal error!

Now what? I'm totally freaking out!
    04-09-09 02:56 AM
    Use CrackMem to WIPE your phone. Then try again. CrackMem is safe and reliable. It has been doenloaded 7000+ times. It's free and I wrote it.

Try this procedure.

To install or upgrade your OS you should get 3 things downloaded and installed on your PC.

Desktop Manager. Get v4.6 with no media manager from here https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...93E4F3BB068C22

CrackMem from the link in my signature. Please download and install it and then read the Help file. It will really help you as it has a step-by-step guide to upgrading.

The OS that you are searching for. To find the OS, look in http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/ or in the Sticky at the top of the relevant device forum on CrackBerry. You can also obtain this from your carrier from here http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support...load_sites.jsp. Remove all other OS installations from your PC.

This link http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/prop...ocedure-53359/ Procedure will help answer any questions about the upgrade process.

The whole thing takes about an hour and there is a part where the phone just sits there for a looooong time doing aparently nothing. It is working though, so be patient. Do not unplug your phone from the OC until the process, including the Restore has finished.
    04-09-09 03:04 AM
    Omg thanks Pete6! The 8900 is up and running again thanks to CrackMem...

Oddly enough, I wiped the device using crackmem and it restored to factory settings, still on OS .199. At least it's working again! I resent the service books and I'm going to reinstall the OS just to be safe when I'm done with my classes. The only thing that stinks is that I lost everything so I have to download all of my programs again.

I think I may have lost all of my BBM contacts as well...****.

I know what caused the app error: Twitterberry Beta.
    I saw the link for it in a member's sig and decided to download...and once I did and got it installed and then did a battery pull, everything went to ****. Ah well...at least it's better now. I have my flip case coming today in the mail so it's not all that bad
    04-09-09 12:06 PM
    Glad it's up and working its best to keep a fresh backup of your device for times like this. You can also backup your 3rd party apps using switch device wizard.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-09-09 12:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD