Hi! I have an unlocked Blackberry Storm 2 9550 on Verizon Wireless in the states, which I recently brought over to the UK, where I inserted a Vodafone SIM Card and purchased a data plan and Blackberry Services. According to Vodafone/mobile phone stores in the UK, all data services should be working; however, all applications requiring data or GPS are not working. The only things that are working are the phone calls, BBM, emails, and internet browser. Has anyone else experienced this problem and/or found a solution?

For example, when I try to access the Google Maps app, it says: "Network Unavailable: This application requires a data connection, and some Blackberry devices require reconfiguration to work properly."
    Or Twitter will say, "You are currently on a service plan that does not support this application. If you want to use this application, please connect to a Wi-Fi network or contact your service provider to update your data plan."

I have data so why don't these apps work?? Help!! Thanks!
    10-18-11 05:52 PM
    What does it say in options-advanced-tcp?
    10-19-11 08:13 AM
    It says:

__ APN Settings Enabled (box is checked)
    APN: emgsm.vzw3g.com
    __APN Authentication Enabled (box is unchecked)

Username for APN:
    Password for APN:

^(don't know what those would be for)

Tried changing a few of these settings around but it didn't seem to do much, although I don't have a username/password for APN as far as I know...
    10-19-11 02:17 PM
    Any help on this? Really need to get it fixed!! Thanks!
    10-23-11 02:39 PM
    hello i'm having the same problem ..i have 2 bb storm 2 unlucked from verizon they are in Italy right now and i was told that verizon phones are configurated in a way that no other provider can make them work...phone are working good the service provvider is vodafone ...they also are unable to receive pic's texting....
    and if you try to call someone from the phonebook with speed dial...the phone try to call that number from you selected but with 01 country code...up front...let me know if you find something that i can use ...thank you i will do the same....Tony C
    10-24-11 12:23 PM
    definitely i'll let you know if i figure anything out....so frustrating!!!
    10-24-11 12:24 PM
    i know...now i am back in the US and the phones are in Europe i give them out has a gift ....i am so embarrassed.....
    10-24-11 01:47 PM
    It says:

__ APN Settings Enabled (box is checked)
    APN: emgsm.vzw3g.com
    __APN Authentication Enabled (box is unchecked)

Username for APN:
    Password for APN:
    Don't worry bout the user/pass ..delete the apn emgsm.vzw3g.com

you might need to get the apn settings from vodafone
    10-24-11 02:00 PM
    so you think that someone with brain at vodafone can make this phones work??
    my problem is that i can't even get to the internet period!!!!!
    10-24-11 02:38 PM
    Don't know if it's up to date but check out:

Carrier specific APN/TCP settings - BlackBerryFAQ
    10-24-11 09:31 PM
    thank you ...but how do i go by this???
    i don't really know what this means!!!!
    all i know is that the BB storm 2 unlocked verizon does not work with any internet service in europe....(so i was told)....i still would like to find out if i can make those 2 phone work 100%........thank you for all your help!!!!!!!!Tony C
    10-25-11 12:19 PM
    have gotten all the correct APN info for vodafone pay as you go and it still won't work! not sure what to do anymore! any other suggestions? i wonder if it is the Storm 2's....
    10-25-11 01:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD