I've been having some problems with my blackberry and called the Rogers Technical Support line. To make a long story short, the Tech Support asked me to wipe my device and guided me on doing this.

After the wipe, I fiddled around with my blackberry and noticed that I cannot view the files (videos, music, pictures). Since the files were encrypted and a handheld wipe was done, I am unable to recover my files.

Is there any software out there which I can use to recover the files? Do you think Rogers will pay for it?

Thanks in advance for your help.
    04-28-09 01:15 PM
    I have a a similar problem and am looking for an answer
    05-01-09 09:58 PM
    Try disabling the encryption, then go into media - explore. create a new folder and name it '1' for example. Once the folder is created, then navigate to where the files are located and copy them over into the new folder '1' you just created.
    Should work, and remove the encryption.
    05-01-09 10:14 PM
    Unfortunately, this didn't work.

My handheld was wiped so I am unable to recover the files. I am thinking that there should be a software out there to recover the encrypted files.
    05-12-09 08:33 PM
    I have a a similar problem , did anyone find a solution??
    Many thanks
    06-08-09 10:29 AM
    I did not find a solution... but stumbled into one...

I upgraded from an 8310 to an 8900. I put the micro SD card into the 8900 to check out the videos (not encrypted) in the new device. To my surprise, I was able to view the encrypted pictures!!!!

Honestly, I was really surprised about this. I thought that the encryption is unique to each device. I was, of course, happy to finally recover those files, but still unclear how this happened.

Maybe, you can try to view the files through your family or friend's blackberry device. I'm not sure if it will work, but at least you won't lose anything if you try.
    06-10-09 08:00 PM
    My problem? My Storm "touch screen" cant scroll, so it was the reason why they gave me a new Storm. Because my sd card is "encrypted" how am I supposed to recover my documents/pictures/files if my touch screen cant even scroll? This is NOT good and I can't recover it. The message says that it should be installed into the original device, but hello, once again the touch screen can't work...now what?
    11-26-09 02:24 PM
    Any other way to work on the Storm so that you can get to things - keyboard mode? If you cannot get to the original you may be really out of luck.

We just discussed this issue in another thread - encryption is device dependent and if the device dies, so does that dependency. Future suggestion - keep backups of the UNencrpted data on your computer.
    11-26-09 03:51 PM
    Any other way to work on the Storm so that you can get to things - keyboard mode? If you cannot get to the original you may be really out of luck.

We just discussed this issue in another thread - encryption is device dependent and if the device dies, so does that dependency. Future suggestion - keep backups of the UNencrpted data on your computer.
    11-26-09 03:52 PM
    OMG IT WORKED!! Thanks soo mine happened this morning for no reason and I've got my music back thanks unfortunately I can't get my photos and videos
    07-04-14 05:38 PM
    Maybe you can try to use Android Data Recovery to recover those files. You can search the Internet for the guide. Hope it can help you.
    08-14-14 04:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD